Author Topic: what I have learned today.  (Read 269127 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: what I have learned today.
« Reply #3000 on: December 06, 2018, 04:09:37 pm »
As a prelude to buying a pair of shoes (a hateful task), I checked my existing collection for a size reminder. I run from 7 to 10. Helpful it is not. It's a conspiracy to save the high street I tell you.

Shame we aren't all on Paris Points (Size = [last length in cm] x 1.5)

Suspect your feet are about 28.5cm long, which is about a 9/(43) and American sizes are n+1 (unless they are for women, when they are n+1.5)

I wish there were real sizes that related to real measurements!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #3001 on: December 07, 2018, 10:28:22 am »
Have been perusing some Londoncentric motorcycle vlogs - Royal Jordanian & Baron von Grumble if it matters - and it would seem that any black Ford Galaxy within the M25 belongs to Addison Lee . . .

Watching any of those makes me goggle that anybody would drive into London.

« Reply #3002 on: December 07, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »
Humbrol enamel thinners will remove dried on splashes of EzeDope from spectacle lenses, don't ask, without removing the lens coating.

Whereas if you touch the centre of your lens with liquid poly on your finger nothing will fix it, and yes I do have a blur in the middle of my vision  ::-)

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #3003 on: Yesterday at 08:39:15 am »
As a prelude to buying a pair of shoes (a hateful task), I checked my existing collection for a size reminder. I run from 7 to 10. Helpful it is not. It's a conspiracy to save the high street I tell you.

Shame we aren't all on Paris Points (Size = [last length in cm] x 1.5)

Suspect your feet are about 28.5cm long, which is about a 9/(43) and American sizes are n+1 (unless they are for women, when they are n+1.5)

I wish there were real sizes that related to real measurements!
Having just fitted a new stair carpet, I measured the effective depth of tread (front of carpet on the riser to the 'hard' nose of the tread). This was 25cm - my size 13 walking shoes are 34cm! No wonder I wear out the carpet on the nose of the tread.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #3004 on: Yesterday at 04:41:25 pm »
That my cheap eBay mountain bike light will happily run from a 5V supply.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #3005 on: Today at 02:48:37 pm »
After using a hot-glue gun, it's not a good idea to leave it lying on its side.
I dare eat all that may become a man.

But hold the oysters.