Author Topic: Lockdown fitness  (Read 5095 times)

Re: Lockdown fitness
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2020, 01:01:42 am »
Welcome back to 5-a-side football. Hope you like running:-

"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2020, 08:54:03 am »
First gym class in 6 months this morning. :thumbsup: Only 5 people in a big sports hall, so no problem social distancing!

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2020, 10:20:09 am »
And first spin class done, albeit a "virtual" one with no instructor. The normal spin studio is still closed, and the bikes have been moved to a big sports hall to allow more space between them. Good to be back, though I am as hideously unfit as I'd feared, and I'm glad I took my FTP down a chunk to allow for it.

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2020, 10:38:49 am »
Spinning class was a different instructor to the usual ones. Still structured but much more "spinning" (e.g. out of the saddle, slow/fast, etc) than my preferred instructor who does proper varied interval sessions and describes the upcoming sections so you know how hard to push.

It's a good workout anyway and will still be doing some good after all of this time off the bike. NP of 163W.

Back to the usual instructor this week, very happy, he's obviously following a proper intervals session and lets you know exactly what is coming up.

NP of 185W so it's heading in the right direction but it's nice to do something properly structured.

Bonus was the boiler was broken at the pool so I didn't have to do my swim session, will replace it with a long walk to Decrackalon to stock up on some unnecessary items (and some necessary ones, like a new swimsuit for my daughter).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36:52 am »
First "proper" spin class last night, with an instructor and everything. Oh dear! Even with an FTP ~15W lower than 6 months ago, I couldn't manage the 120% FTP intervals at the end. :-\ Still, onwards and upwards, I hope - it's good to get back to decently structured sessions. Next one tomorrow...

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 02:57:26 pm »
First "proper" spin class last night, with an instructor and everything. Oh dear! Even with an FTP ~15W lower than 6 months ago, I couldn't manage the 120% FTP intervals at the end. :-\ Still, onwards and upwards, I hope - it's good to get back to decently structured sessions. Next one tomorrow...

...and then last night they made us do an FTP test. :sick: It wasn't actually quite as bad as I'd feared - it was slightly down on my last test (which was over a year ago, as I avoid these things) but not too bad, and 18W up on the guesstimated FTP I've been using of late. Of course, this just means tonight's class will be harder... :facepalm: