Author Topic: What are you drinking right now?  (Read 196960 times)

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
Re: What are you drinking right now?
« Reply #2500 on: June 28, 2020, 03:47:26 pm »
Very inferior Darjeeling, the Ceylon having run out.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #2501 on: June 28, 2020, 07:18:54 pm »
I just had a pint of London Pride - a click & collect substitution for the 1845 I ordered. It's very quaffable, but not in the league of 1845 for flavour. I normally restrict myself to 1 pint of 1845 when I drink it, so I only bought 4 bottles to last the week. I've got tye wine i opened yesterday which I think will last me the rest of the evening.
Eating's a serious business. Don't bollocks around wagging your tail.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2502 on: August 20, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »
Waiting to see son off from Aberystwyth station, we found a lovely little back street  independent pub.  I tried the Alpha State Smoked Mäzen. An absolutely lovely dark ale with good smokey nose and taste. Made in Kent apparently.
Mrs B is driving, obv. But still she says I may not have another.   :(
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2503 on: August 22, 2020, 07:21:40 am »
Cotswold Bitter from the North Cotswold Brewery.

The upside is being part of a group of neighbours that we joined up with when we moved to this house earlier in the year - each Tuesday the organiser gets a message from the brewery with this week's beer availability (usually 4 or 5 + a guest ale) - we tell him what we want, the brewery delivers to him on Friday and home delivery is made.

Standard package is a 4 pint plastic "milk container" type bottle - and it's £10 for the 4 pints.  Excellent value.   It keeps OK but needs to be consumed within 3 or 4 days.

Larger containers are available, again at knockout prices.

« Reply #2504 on: August 22, 2020, 08:18:11 am »
Cotswold Bitter from the North Cotswold Brewery.
We have been doing similar for the last month or so with Yeovil Ales.
Apart from bottles, their smallest container is a 5l bag in box. I've been getting 10 pint glasses full out of them (I suspect I don't quite fill to the full pint) and the prices start at £20. They do deliver, but the brewery is only a 10 minute drive away and after the last time we had a delivery, MrsC felt so sorry for the driver (he didn't get to us until about 8.00 pm) that we've been doing click and collect. This weekend we are on Lynx Wildcat. :)
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #2505 on: August 22, 2020, 01:50:19 pm »
Tea. Waitrose Own referred to as Wuhan because we only started buying it when the Chinese virus arrived.
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #2506 on: September 01, 2020, 09:49:36 pm »
Is if bad if I'm drinking a nice muscadet from a pint glass, filtered through a coffee filter as I dropped the bottle and cracked the bottle.  One should not waste nice wine.

« Reply #2507 on: September 02, 2020, 08:49:40 pm »
I'm drinking Deliverance from Abbeydale Brewery, it's a DIPA that comes in at 7%.

It's crazy hoppy, I like it.

Most notably, I was gifted 14 cans by a friend, which adds like 5% to the enjoyment.

« Reply #2508 on: September 02, 2020, 08:54:28 pm »
Australian Shiraz. Not black unfortunately.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain