Author Topic: How messed up is your post at the moment?  (Read 3229 times)

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
Re: How messed up is your post at the moment?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2020, 09:13:47 am »
Colonissimo seem to be going flat out to redeem themselves after the 'orrible lags of lockdown.  My last coffee order arrived the day after they picked it up in Bordeaux: usually it takes around 3 or four days.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2020, 12:21:57 pm »
That's Royal Mail's new EcoPost. Items are carried by a small barefoot boy herding unruly goats in the general direction of the recipient, eating only porridge (for the boy) and whatever they want (for the goats).  Large bodies of water present an obvious difficulty, as do wolves.

There is a ferry across the large body of water, but the ferry operator also has to transport a mountain of cabbages.  The small barefoot boy cannot leave the cabbages in the care of the goats, nor the goats in the care of the wolves.  And because the ferry operator was appointed by Chris Grayling, there is no boat.

Q1. Devise a strategy that will allow the small barefoot boy, the goats and quixoticgeek's parcel to cross the large body of water.  Your budget is £14 million.  Go!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2020, 01:06:36 pm »
That's Royal Mail's new EcoPost. Items are carried by a small barefoot boy herding unruly goats in the general direction of the recipient, eating only porridge (for the boy) and whatever they want (for the goats).  Large bodies of water present an obvious difficulty, as do wolves.

There is a ferry across the large body of water, but the ferry operator also has to transport a mountain of cabbages.  The small barefoot boy cannot leave the cabbages in the care of the goats, nor the goats in the care of the wolves.  And because the ferry operator was appointed by Chris Grayling, there is no boat.

Q1. Devise a strategy that will allow the small barefoot boy, the goats and quixoticgeek's parcel to cross the large body of water.  Your budget is £14 million.  Go!
Having spent £13,599,999.99 on cocaine, prostitutes and dancing gnomes, the project is cancelled with the recommendation that we instead buy a ticket on the Eurostar.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2020, 11:04:05 pm »
Something posted from West Wickham yesterday afternoon arrived today.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2020, 11:38:44 pm »
Package which was due to be delivered on Tuesday next week, turned up this morning. (Saturday)
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2020, 11:17:57 pm »

Arf  :D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2020, 09:28:23 am »
This morning saw the return of the delivery of Important Pizza News.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2020, 04:00:27 pm »
8 days ago I posted a birthday card first class in Forest Hill.
It reached its destination in Rotherhithe today.
Googlemaps tell me it's a distance of 5.5 miles and that I could walk it in under 2 hrs.
The recipient's birthday was last Friday.
How we laughed.

TBF - I'm not having a pop at RM here. I think they've done admirable work over the past 4 months.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2020, 07:03:28 pm »
It's D's birthday today.
He received a card from his Dad yesterday and from his brother today.

Which is fine and just as expected, knowing the senders' personalities and habits.