Author Topic: French touring shoe manufacturer..  (Read 589 times)

French touring shoe manufacturer..
« on: June 24, 2020, 11:02:08 pm »
Hi, looking to exploit the hive mind's power of recall. Trying to remember the name of a French shoe manufacturer, seemingly no longer in business, who used to do, as well as more contemporary designs for clipless, a traditional lace up touring shoe or two. I'm thinking began with letter 'C', though can't be sure. My subconscious archivist may deliver the goods if I leave her to it. Web isn't helping.
Ring any bells, anyone?

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
Re: French touring shoe manufacturer..
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 11:11:45 pm »
Carnac?
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 11:14:08 pm »
Exacto! That's them.  :thumbsup:

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 11:16:02 pm »
I think they, or at least their name, might have got bought up by Planet X.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:59 am »
Yes, and so are therefore now shit.

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 07:48:49 am »
When did PlanetX get them, around 2007?  I had a pair bought in 1997 that lasted over 10 years with just one repair to the uppers. The next pair held for 3 years and a second pair bought at the same time another 3. I noticed then that the inner soles were, essentially, thick cardboard.

I'm using Mavics just now, and they (Mavic) have just gone all weak at the knees as well.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 10:42:23 am »
Can't remember. But, as with Holdsworth, Viner, etc forget about them. The brand stands for something else now.

Ditto Karrimor, and Sports Direct

Cudzoziemiec

Socks

• FFCT rally, France 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 07:33:37 pm »
William Lennon & co.  Handmade leather cycling shoes from the UK.  I bought a pair of these a few years ago, not cheap but good quality and still going strong.  They are specifically designed for toeclips and straps, or the ones that I bought were.  May have changed since then to include other options.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 08:27:07 pm »
Like my classic Giros but I am afraid I bought the last of the all leather ones. Had to settle for brown because that's all they had.  I have some handmade in Ireland shoes I bought from Spa cycles many years back, made for toeclips.  Real classics.

My Lidl shoes have last for donkeys years. Rather heavy but comfortable.  They are indestructible.

William Lennon would be too wide for me,

Made to order on a British wide fitting last.

I don't have wide 'British' feet!  Bought some Exustars once, far too wide.
Sic transit and all that..