Author Topic: A random thread for camping things that don't really warrant their own thread  (Read 415 times)

Kim

• Timelord
I've been tidying up.  I know.  There's a pandemic and it's raining.

Was wondering whether aluminium tent pegs turn into steel ones when left in a random box for long periods?  Kind of like the way IEC C13 'kettle' leads breed.  It's the only way I can explain owning quite so many steel tent pegs.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
I will be starting a tidying up process when I'm out of this isolation. I may have quite a bit of camping gear surplus to requirements.
Eating's a serious business. Don't bollocks around wagging your tail.

I've been tidying up.  I know.  There's a pandemic and it's raining.

Was wondering whether aluminium tent pegs turn into steel ones when left in a random box for long periods?  Kind of like the way IEC C13 'kettle' leads breed.  It's the only way I can explain owning quite so many steel tent pegs.

Definitely. Every storage box, no matter the contents, left unattended also gains one loose steel tent peg of mysterious origin.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Well I filled both panniers up and strapped my tent across the top of them and went camping. Only to a campsite eleven miles from home but it was great. Haven't been since September. I love getting there under my own steam rather than getting a lift.

Met my Mum there in her little camper van and she cooked us mussels for dinner and we bought a bag of logs and burned them in her firepit. And drank far too much.

My new sleep mat did the job nicely though I bet the whisky helped too.

The ride back was a bit slow but I did it and I'm just about ready, five hours after getting home, to start unpacking the panniers.

I have just remembered that the elastic in the tent poles was starting to look a bit frayed - not bad for a fifteen year old tent. I must order some preemptively.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Well I filled both panniers up and strapped my tent across the top of them and went camping.

:thumbsup:

I'm preparing to do the same this weekend, now that we're allowed to up here. I've had my tent for nearly a year and not used it yet! :o

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
YeaY! ;D
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...