Author Topic: NCN cuts 25% of its routes  (Read 2322 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: NCN cuts 25% of its routes
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2020, 05:57:17 pm »
There's a tile I want that would require going out onto the mud. Trying to work out how to address this.

What are these "tiles" of which you speak?

Openstreetmap tiles, as used by the VeloViewer Explorer, Max Square and Max Cluster metrics.

(It's an excuse for a bike ride, basically.  Like filling in all the roads on your local OS map.)

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108374.0 refers
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2020, 06:24:33 am »
I do have something of a habit of going down side roads, just on the basis of "hmm, wonder where that goes?", the answer round here being mostly nowhere as they stop abruptly at a drainage ditch.  Can't be added chasing yet another made up number though
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

simonp

• Omnomnomnipotent.
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2020, 02:39:08 pm »
I do have something of a habit of going down side roads, just on the basis of "hmm, wonder where that goes?", the answer round here being mostly nowhere as they stop abruptly at a drainage ditch.  Can't be added chasing yet another made up number though

I’m up to a 15x15 max square from 6x6 (and max here was 5x5) due to covid. It’s something to do. Some off roading has been required so it’s an incentive to go off the beaten track.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2020, 10:29:21 pm »
Yeah, in normal times I'd be touring or audaxing or indeed racing.  But as something to do from home it's a lot more interesting than riding the same handful of routes over and over.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2020, 07:42:53 pm »

From twitter...

"Also accidentally tried to cycle through a prison on this ride. In fairness the barriers did look very similar to the ones on national cycle network routes"

https://twitter.com/theeyecollector/status/1294342259710754821

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 08:19:09 pm »
There's an audax, the Jack & Grace Cotton Memorial ride, that used to use an open prison as a control. Refreshments made and served by the prisoners.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2020, 11:28:34 pm »
There's an audax, the Jack & Grace Cotton Memorial ride, that used to use an open prison as a control. Refreshments made and served by the prisoners.
Hm you've given me an idea, must contact Castle Huntly, would be odd for them to have people wanting to come in I suppose.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk