Author Topic: Cordless wet and dry handheld vac for van footwells and . . .  (Read 284 times)

slope

• Ride Fettle Ride
    • Current pedalable joys
After 8 years of just cycling transport, I've finally rejoined the moton club. Completely forgot how much crap (wee stones mainly) ends up in the footwell + the little Berlingo van lives under a huge sequoia which is dropping needles down me bonnet/windscreen gaps, blocking drain holes. It all requires a daily removal. It's a right pain removing said pine needles under the bonnet with a paint brush and fingers. So I'd like to suck 'em up if possible. Would probably like a narrow nosed thing.

As with most things, the choice seems totally ovewhelming :-\

Any recommendations?

Re: Cordless wet and dry handheld vac for van footwells and . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 04:33:10 pm »
Might be easier to have a piece of tarp, perhaps held in place using magnets, covering the vents on the bonnet.

ETA M'Julie swears by her cordless Dyson (I think it is a high end spendy one, rather than entry level)

slope

• Ride Fettle Ride
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 05:46:44 pm »
^ briefly thought about some sort of covering whilst the worst of needle shedding occurs, but figured faff - however, didn't think magnets  8)

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 06:00:54 pm »
^ briefly thought about some sort of covering whilst the worst of needle shedding occurs, but figured faff - however, didn't think magnets  8)
Magnets are cool  8)
Go to Bisbell Magnets for all of your magnet requirements

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 06:05:30 pm »
Nothing cordless has the necessary grunt (excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk) so a decent Henry and a nozzle attachment is the way to go.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 06:18:21 pm »
Nothing cordless has the necessary grunt (excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk) so a decent Henry and a nozzle attachment is the way to go.

What about the offerings from the molishers of cordless power tools, rather than those aimed at the domestic market?
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 06:20:34 pm »
excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk

I can report my Dyson* has nothing resembling grunt. You have to put it on battery sapping "MAX" mode to get "barely adequate for lifting pre-brushed dust off a laminate floor".

(* I say mine, I found it dumped on someone's front wall after they'd completely blocked the carpet brush attachment with cat hair and given up on it)

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 06:23:05 pm »
excepting perhaps the eye-wateringly expensive Dysons and their ilk

I can report my Dyson* has nothing resembling grunt. You have to put it on battery sapping "MAX" mode to get "barely adequate for lifting pre-brushed dust off a laminate floor".

MIL has one of those, and thinks it's brilliant.  She keeps asking if I'd like one...   :hand:

Barakta fobbed her off with "If Kim wants a cordeless vac, she'd get a Makita one, to use the same batteries as her other tools."

I have no car, no children, and no pets.  And a perfectly good mains-powered vacuum cleaner.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »
Chainsaw and cut down the sequoia.  :demon:

slope

• Ride Fettle Ride
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 08:26:26 pm »
Chainsaw and cut down the sequoia.  :demon:

It's at least a hundred feet tall  ;)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 08:42:46 pm »

You can get a cordless henry

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 10:08:57 am »
+1 for a Henry dedicated to garage and car duty. You can pick them up second hand at good prices and complete new hose and nozzle kits are cheap.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.