Author Topic: Menopause was Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 2180 times)

simonp

• Omnomnomnipotent.
Re: Menopause was Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 04:22:09 pm »
I have a mesh hernia repair. So far, so good, 16 years later...

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 04:47:10 pm »
My mother carried on bleeding until she had a hysterectomy in her late 50s. She had fibroids. I've got fibroids, and so has one sister. The youngest hasn't had such problems - yet... I'm grateful that (so far) I've not had the same level of grimness that mum and sister had/have. I think the fact that I had a mirena coil anyway probably helps.
Yeah. Well, when you take that coil out, just see it flow...

(That coil did not stop my periods, and I've been surgically improved in the fallopian department so in every aspect was completely rubbish.)
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 12:02:35 pm »
My mother carried on bleeding until she had a hysterectomy in her late 50s. She had fibroids. I've got fibroids, and so has one sister. The youngest hasn't had such problems - yet... I'm grateful that (so far) I've not had the same level of grimness that mum and sister had/have. I think the fact that I had a mirena coil anyway probably helps.
Yeah. Well, when you take that coil out, just see it flow...

(That coil did not stop my periods, and I've been surgically improved in the fallopian department so in every aspect was completely rubbish.)
That coil is NOT coming out without being replaced...
(I've been to the genecology place and had ultrasound scans and chat so for the moment I'm OK with things as they are. The complete erraticness is more of a PITA than the quantities, at the moment.)

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2020, 04:29:34 pm »
Going to talk to the GP that copes with lady things on Thursday. The GP that was looking at my knees was rather horrified that I might want to talk to him about it all. Not His Department. I'm beginning to think that "Female patients want to talk to a female dr about woman stuff" is a myth put about by male GPs so they don't have to venture into the yucky bits of ladyness.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2020, 05:01:28 pm »
Going to talk to the GP that copes with lady things on Thursday. The GP that was looking at my knees was rather horrified that I might want to talk to him about it all. Not His Department. I'm beginning to think that "Female patients want to talk to a female dr about woman stuff" is a myth put about by male GPs so they don't have to venture into the yucky bits of ladyness.

...And perpetuated by the female patients who want to avoid a specific arsehole GP who just happens to be male.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 11:09:02 am »

...And perpetuated by the female patients who want to avoid specific arsehole GP who just happens to be male.

Yes, there is that too. The ones who hear "I'm exhausted", decide you are anaemic (I'm not) and stop listening etc

My niephew has suffered from a lot of those - the cancer was only caught because they went private about the endometriosis that wasn't being properly treated...

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »
the lady dr for lady things has given me some HRT to try to see if that helps everything. Having some energy might help me to get some exercise to help with the osteoarthritis in my knees, anyway.