Author Topic: Mid-Essex and the Rest of the World Epiphany - 2023 edition  (Read 27265 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex and the Rest of the World Epiphany - 2023 edition
« Reply #150 on: 04 January, 2023, 05:23:06 pm »
I think to make this easier just let me know if you're wanting lunch.  It would be good to know by the end of this week so I can get a lunch booking in place.  BTW, has anyone got helpful suggestions as to where we can have lunch?

I think it'll be fine if folks just turn up at the Spiritual Home for evening eats.

Return Epiphany visit to: The Hare or the Chequers at Roxwell, ?

Good suggestions. I was also wondering about the Queens Head, Boreham. I’ve always liked the place, shame they shut early on a Wednesday evening.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #151 on: 05 January, 2023, 11:31:21 am »
Yesterday evening the newly reopened Viper at Mill Green was mooted as a lunchtime venue.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

« Reply #152 on: 05 January, 2023, 02:05:33 pm »
I think to make this easier just let me know if you're wanting lunch. 

Count me in for lunch!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #153 on: 05 January, 2023, 03:56:23 pm »
Yesterday evening the newly reopened Viper at Mill Green was mooted as a lunchtime venue.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

:thumbsup: Perhaps someone should check it out first, or we could go on Wednesday evening?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #154 on: 05 January, 2023, 04:21:11 pm »

:thumbsup: Perhaps someone should check it out first, or we could go on Wednesday evening?

jibers has been a few times, it was he who suggested it but no harm in further recces being carried out.  I have contacted them to see if we need to book, their website suggests not but we will be bigger than the average group.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #155 on: 05 January, 2023, 04:26:06 pm »

jibers has been a few times, it was he who suggested it but no harm in further recces being carried out.  I have contacted them to see if we need to book, their website suggests not but we will be bigger than the average group.

Der Viper has just been in touch.  I have booked their back room which holds up to 25 from noon onwards  :thumbsup:

The PLAN is coming together!

« Reply #156 on: 05 January, 2023, 04:36:24 pm »
I aim to be at lunch. My "+1" Svetlana, will not be joining us until the evening.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #157 on: 05 January, 2023, 04:46:42 pm »
I aim to be at lunch. My "+1" Svetlana, will not be joining us until the evening.

No problem.  Svetlana's people have been in touch to confirm your understanding of her availability is correct.  She is flying back from her St Petersburg dacha especially for the event so you'd better be nice to her!

« Reply #158 on: 05 January, 2023, 05:12:53 pm »
Thanks for the FB Prod OD...just to confirm I will be joining for the day....I won't be camping....I think...

« Reply #159 on: 05 January, 2023, 06:13:38 pm »
Tomsk has informed me I’ve won an ACME award!

What is the timing of the awards ceremony?  I’ve booked the Travelodge in Great Dunmow on the basis I won’t want to cycle all the way back home in Hertfordshire after some drinks.  But I should be able to wobble to Great Dunmow after the evening.

Wife is out, I’ll mention I’m heading over to this when she comes back in.

« Reply #160 on: 06 January, 2023, 02:30:55 pm »
Thanks for the Facebook prompt OD, I am following this thread and may be able to get over to a beer in the eve but won't be able to do much of the day or stay over. Have you started harassing the stragler?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #161 on: 06 January, 2023, 02:56:27 pm »
Thanks for the Facebook prompt OD, I am following this thread and may be able to get over to a beer in the eve but won't be able to do much of the day or stay over. Have you started harassing the stragler?

Be good to see you in the evening, bring a tent!  As far as I am aware The Strangler isn't on the socials so can't be harassed.  I guess if you're a strangler you'd want to be fairly low profile.

« Reply #162 on: 07 January, 2023, 01:12:44 pm »

Be good to see you in the evening, bring a tent!  As far as I am aware The Strangler isn't on the socials so can't be harassed.  I guess if you're a strangler you'd want to be fairly low profile.

I'm getting my forum names mixed up. Meant our mutual friend the retiree

« Reply #163 on: 09 January, 2023, 06:10:26 pm »
Cheers for the timings Tomsk

« Reply #164 on: 12 January, 2023, 09:42:51 am »
As Epiphany fast approaches, I need to seek nominations for The Trophy for presentation on the day. In order to ensure a fair and transparent process, can you PM me with your nominations?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #165 on: 12 January, 2023, 10:07:20 am »
As Epiphany fast approaches, I need to seek nominations for The Trophy for presentation on the day. In order to ensure a fair and transparent process, can you PM me with your nominations?

Don't forget The Rulz state you can ignore nominations in a suitably cavalier fashion and even award The Trophy to yourself!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #166 on: 12 January, 2023, 10:17:28 am »
I am super stoked to impart some epically awesome news...  :thumbsup:

Yesterday evening jibers kindly volunteered to fashion our Epiphany route from Witham 'spoons to The Spiritual Home via The Viper and untold other delights.  Never before have we seen such enthusiasm from our jibers, his little face was a picture so we can be sure it will be a Magical Mystery Tour of which legends will be made. 

Isn't this exciting?  ;D

« Reply #167 on: 12 January, 2023, 12:17:26 pm »
Will we need off road tyres or water wings?

Yesterday evening jibers kindly volunteered to fashion our Epiphany route from Witham 'spoons to The Spiritual Home via The Viper and untold other delights.  Never before have we seen such enthusiasm from our jibers, his little face was a picture so we can be sure it will be a Magical Mystery Tour of which legends will be made. 

Isn't this exciting?  ;D
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #168 on: 12 January, 2023, 12:22:05 pm »
Will we need off road tyres or water wings?

Isn't this exciting?  ;D

Nope, you'll be just fine!  You can trust jibers  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #169 on: 12 January, 2023, 07:25:28 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Current plan is to have some tame COR involved - probably the link from Hammonds under the A12 and maybe the section mid way up Swan Lane linking Margaretting Tye to Margaretting Road.

I'll try and test ride it on fixed to check I am happy with it  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #170 on: 12 January, 2023, 08:30:00 pm »
Once you've sorted out the route, can you also sort out the weather? I'm getting sick of this shit!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #171 on: 12 January, 2023, 09:08:05 pm »
Once you've sorted out the route, can you also sort out the weather? I'm getting sick of this shit!

You'll have to speak to OD for that  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #172 on: 13 January, 2023, 11:15:29 am »

You'll have to speak to OD for that  :thumbsup:

It's sorted.  I have booked sunny weather during he day and Artic weather on Saturday night so we can properly test our winter camping kit at long last.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #173 on: 13 January, 2023, 11:24:00 am »
OD demonstrates why he is the hyper successful high flying salesman he is with phrases and unfounded promises
  • I am super stoked to impart some epically awesome news...  :thumbsup:
  • Isn't this exciting?
  • you'll be just fine!  You can trust jibers
  • It's sorted.  I have booked sunny weather during the day
  • [space reserved for next salesy statement]
The reality will be observed on the day once you've all bought in to the experience and it's too late, for better or worse :facepalm:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #174 on: 13 January, 2023, 11:27:40 am »
Are you suggesting I over promise and under deliver?  If so, you clearly haven't paying attention over many years, I always under promise and over deliver  ;D