Author Topic: Bastard wind!  (Read 1133 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Bastard wind!
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 11:38:05 am »
Anent the original question, I remember having a similar chat with a 'bent rider at the start of a PBP long ago.  He said that wind buffeting from traffic isn't so bad, but if it happened to go through a puddle when overtaking the splosh invariably landed on the crotch.

This is why I don't like riding the Baron in bad weather.  Rain is rain, but when you're low down you get splashed by every passing vehicle.  The ICE trike is similar, but has a stronger car-repellent effect.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 06:20:19 pm »
Some years of riding to work 'n' back, part of it on a quite un-sheltered road has given me a good comparison between my old hybrid and Ice Sprint. A crosswind which would have me feet off-course on the hybrid gets me inches off-course on the trike, with some pressure felt on the steering.
Riding in one or two named storm events has been mildly annoying (and lost a flag pole) but only caused worry about flying debris, not navigation.

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 03:46:41 pm »
Reminds me that a velomobile rider said they really had to watch it in strong side winds but that strong headwinds didn’t really affect them much.