Author Topic: Bean to coffee coffee makers? Coffe pod machines?  (Read 2217 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Bean to coffee coffee makers? Coffe pod machines?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 05:34:54 pm »
I make mine like this but use the mesh filters for all that extra oily richness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcgSBJFhgM
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2020, 04:59:03 pm »
I make mine like this but use the mesh filters for all that extra oily richness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcgSBJFhgM
looks weaker than a nuns piss
It is what it is. It's not what it's not, so it must be what it is.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 06:06:06 pm »
35g coffee to 310-350ml water? That's not going to be weak coffee; as a specialty/hipster brew it's more likely just a light roast.

Porkins

• Formerly Nick H. And a long time ago etc, Eurostar
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 09:09:29 pm »
Thanks to this thread I've got my Gaggia Classic out of mothballs.

I got it 5 years ago but I just couldn't get the hang of making a decent cup. This year I've been trying lots of different beans in various moka pots, grinding them with my Iberital MC2. And lo and behold, I seem to have learnt something about grinds and extracting. I now make delicious coffee, without any of the measuring and weighing and timing that I used to wrestle with. I can even make black coffee with a sweet crema. I've cracked it!

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 09:31:58 pm »
Its all down to temperature stability (or lack of it) with these thermostat machines. The temperature overshoots as the element switches off, drops, then carries on dropping for a bit after the element switches on again. I think it can be up to about 10⁰, which has a huge impact on flavour. Solution is to fit a PID. You can get kits just for the Classic.

Porkins

• Formerly Nick H. And a long time ago etc, Eurostar
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 09:44:57 pm »
I'm delighted with the flavour. Not interested in changing anything.

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 06:52:45 am »
Great. That saves £100 and a few hours of swearing and frustration with a soldering iron then  :thumbsup: