Author Topic: Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer  (Read 201 times)

slope

• Ride Fettle Ride
    • Current pedalable joys
Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:27:03 pm »
Anyone YACFers got one, had any experience of them?

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-health-grill-air-fryer-ag301uk/

I fear I'm a kitchen gadget freak :-[

Reasons for considering something like this, is I have a real phobia about frying/sauteing/browning/Maillard reactioning foods on a cheap and nasty solid electric plate hob + the splatter of oil everywhere + the smoke alarm going off screwing my ears and head + I hate the sound of the overhead fan extractor, not to mention all the gloop that gets stuck up up it and I can't clean cos of stiff neck/old body/laziness/etc

There's a lot of crzy (mainly USAnian hype) out there re these things, which one, (cynical old grumpy bastard), is obviously alarmed by.

I did come across a YouTube video which pointed to the possibly awkward cleaning of the Ninja too

Re: Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:50:51 pm »
If your smoke alarm goes off when cooking (unless your toast is actually on fire) it usually means you have the wrong sort of smoke alarm for a kitchen. There are two types, one that works on detecting opacity in the air so gets triggered by steam from cooking and the other type which works by detecting heat. You want the second type in a kitchen.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

• feat. Undead Jess & Finestre, Queen of Hell
Re: Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:43:42 am »
They seem a bit of a gimmick. Kitchens make grease, you have to figure on an extractor fan and a need to eventually redecorate.

Gadgets though, I do like my egg slicer. I could slice an egg, but I like the sensation of a putting an egg in it and slicing it en masse. And my Magimix (though Bad Cat is terrified by the contraption).
Support the Great Surrey Bear Census 2020