Author Topic: Dolan GXA2020 Gravel bike  (Read 1090 times)

Dolan GXA2020 Gravel bike
« on: November 22, 2020, 04:39:48 pm »
Have recently been thinking about treating myself to a gravel bike and came across the updated Dolan website and this one caught my eye at  https://www.dolan-bikes.com/dolan-gxa2020-aluminium-gravel-frameset/
Starting at £1399 for the complete bike or £599 for the frameset it looks like good value for money.  Just cant decide which groupset to go with at the moment.  Decisions, decisions!

Re: Dolan GXA2020 Gravel bike
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 03:43:55 pm »
Looks descent value, I think the only 2 year frame warranty is a little worrisome but I’m not sure many warranties are worth much these days after that period anyway.
Geometry looks not too racy and mudguard/rack mounts  :thumbsup:and threaded bb so it’s certainly a valid option for a good arounder

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 07:51:49 pm »
Stupidly steep seat tube angles

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 09:14:56 pm »
Fashion of the moment but the seatpost looks to have a lot of setback to compensate.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 11:54:34 pm »
it's quite a nice frame, i'd like it to suit my wants and needs a bit better*, and what i'm really missing from this and many other online descriptions is the important data that would help make a decision e.g. frame weight(s), front centre (ideally the distance from pedal axle at 3 o'clock to a max size tyre), chainstay length, where is the smallest tyre clearance and what is it, is the frame fully finished (bb shell and brake mounts faced, seat tube true to it's size etc.).

* as in bottle mounts optimised for frame bag, fork crown drilled at the front, all welds smoothed out, seat tube shorter by 4-5cm, maybe a different more interesting colour..:)

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 07:43:10 am »
Stupidly steep seat tube angles

73 degrees on the 56 is ok I think. Pretty close geometry to the Genesis Datum/Equilibrium at that size. No mention of fork offset though.

Large (56) build has short cranks and wide bars.

Size graphics look like Ribble’s.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »
Thank you for all of your comments above.  I am hoping to visit their showroom next Friday and have made a few notes to take with me.