Author Topic: The return of Bicycle Repair Man  (Read 1978 times)

The return of Bicycle Repair Man
« on: 30 June, 2021, 09:53:45 pm »
Now then people, after an absence of some years here I am again. I used to get notifications when posts relevant to me appeared but for some reason they stopped then life got in the way and I lost contact. I notice my original thread is still pinned so it must be of some use ;D If I can be of any assistance to anyone feel free to ask. I have more or less retired now, l'm not doing any more framebuilding courses and only doing the odd bit of  building/repair work and painting just to keep myself off the streets although the farm keeps me busy, I seem to spend most of my time cutting grass.

Dave Yates
It's not just hitting it with a hammer but knowing where to hit it and how hard

Re: The return of Bicycle Repair Man
« Reply #1 on: 30 June, 2021, 09:56:10 pm »
Now then people, after an absence of some years here I am again. I used to get notifications when posts relevant to me appeared but for some reason they stopped then life got in the way and I lost contact. I notice my original thread is still pinned so it must be of some use ;D If I can be of any assistance to anyone feel free to ask. I have more or less retired now, l'm not doing any more framebuilding courses and only doing the odd bit of  building/repair work and painting just to keep myself off the streets although the farm keeps me busy, I seem to spend most of my time cutting grass.

Dave Yates
Yay!

« Reply #2 on: 30 June, 2021, 10:07:05 pm »
Dave nice to have you back hope you get some good questions, I'm sure the answers will be.

« Reply #3 on: 30 June, 2021, 10:10:36 pm »
Welcome back

« Reply #4 on: 01 July, 2021, 03:21:26 pm »
Good to see you back in this place.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: 01 July, 2021, 04:06:38 pm »
Good to see you back in touch Dave.

« Reply #6 on: 01 July, 2021, 05:07:26 pm »
Brilliant! Welcome back.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #7 on: 01 July, 2021, 05:29:25 pm »
Great to see you back Dave, and good to know all is well with you.  :)
By sheer coincidence (and it being sunny here in Scotlandland today), I had my first spin in ages on my gorgeous Joe Waugh custom 653 wot you built for me in late 1996.
I love that bike. So Thank You.  :) :thumbsup:

« Reply #8 on: 01 July, 2021, 05:49:48 pm »
Good afternoon Dave!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #9 on: 01 July, 2021, 06:35:31 pm »
Ah, that is good news. Have you still got a stock of M Steel decals? I've got an M Steel frame that you did some work on some time back and could do with repainting.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #10 on: 01 July, 2021, 06:51:00 pm »
As one of your frame building course alumni, nice to see you back. The frame I built on your course is still going strong.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #11 on: 02 July, 2021, 02:38:02 pm »
Thank you all for the welcome back. Good to hear that some early frames are still going strong and the course frame is as well
Tim Hall, alas no M Steel transfers left, you can probably get something from H Lloyd Cycles I may have some head badges but will need to delve into the depths of the filing cabinet to confirm. The term  "filing" implies  some order Ha!!! I tend to use the "pilot" system, pile it hear, pile it there  ;D
It's not just hitting it with a hammer but knowing where to hit it and how hard

Nick H.

« Reply #12 on: 10 August, 2021, 09:20:50 pm »
I'm another alumnus! My frame is still beautiful. I'm looking at it right now! I'm sure the course will be much missed, but you have certainly earned a bit of freedom! I hope the livestock are behaving themselves.