Author Topic: Solidlights upgrade (DIY)  (Read 53105 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: Solidlights upgrade (DIY)
« Reply #275 on: 04 December, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »
I've just binned mine. A bit precipitate and irreversible as the  bin men came today, but there it is.The problem is the cable covers perish and they are beyond economic repair, well at least by me. And tech moves on.

« Reply #276 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »
I've just binned mine. A bit precipitate and irreversible as the  bin men came today, but there it is.The problem is the cable covers perish and they are beyond economic repair, well at least by me. And tech moves on.

That's a shame because mine was damaged recently in a car accident. My friendly electrical engineer removed the wiring and fitted a new cable loom. I  was chatting to him at the time and it took him all of 15 minutes, most of which was removing and refitting the housing!

They work perfectly well even after my ham-fisted LED upgrade.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #277 on: 07 December, 2013, 12:29:13 am »
The LEDs linked to in the OP no longer seem to be available. I shall have to hunt around for something suitable.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #279 on: 21 August, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
Thread reresurrection!

I bought the parts to upgrade my Solidlights in December last year and they have been sitting around ever since then. I don't feel competent to tackle such a job so I asked Dez to do it and he completely forgot. I happened to mention it an hour or so ago and he has now completed the upgrade.

Given that I have bought an Edelux I think I will fit them to my old Ridgeback and maybe start using that as a winter commuting bike.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.