Author Topic: What have you fettled today?  (Read 1248519 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: What have you fettled today?
« Reply #14300 on: February 11, 2020, 10:10:35 pm »
Fitted disc, cassette and valve to HK’s shiny replacement wheel. Tyre and sealant tomorrow.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #14301 on: February 15, 2020, 01:17:18 pm »
Tyre and sealant into HK’s Kinesis’ wheel today after a run of late night working preventing fettling. The directional tread is reversed but I’m not too concerned about a rear road tread pattern.

Straightened up the rear wheel on my fixed after pulling it across during Friday’s commute. Rather than straighten along the way, I just rode gently home hoping not to throw the chain or jam the tyre against the chainstay. Lazy, I know, but the spanner is bolted under the bidon cage and just too much faff when I was already late leaving the office.

Tim Hall

• I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes
« Reply #14302 on: February 15, 2020, 01:20:13 pm »
A fruit cake. At a late stage in the proceedings I found that my Galaxy tablet I was reading the recipe off had slipped and was obstructing the scales, restricting their movement and possibly bollixing up the quantities.  The proof of the cake is in the eating , in a bit over an hour's time.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #14303 on: February 15, 2020, 05:35:57 pm »
The clutch on my venerable Makita went buggerup, not unexpected so I hied me down to ITS, there to buy a replacement. I looked at the Bosch, but the build quality was shockingly bad and have ended up with another Makita.

Anyhow, I thought I might have a fettle of the old gearbox, nothing ventured and all. Well, the (three speed) gearbox disassembled a little more speedily than intended, leaving an interesting Jigsaw puzzle. Satisfyingly, I got it all back together and working, although the wear justifies its replacement.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #14304 on: February 16, 2020, 06:00:37 pm »
Pulled the worn chain and cassette from the audax tandem. I thought I had replacement parts (did have a chain but no cassette the right size) and it turns out the rear mech is overly worn too. Regreased the front brake, which was sticking on one side.

Fitted a 3/32” 17t cog on the other side of my fixed’s hub.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #14305 on: February 17, 2020, 09:52:05 pm »
A replacement tube in the front wheel of my fixed during the commute home.

« Reply #14306 on: Yesterday at 07:03:26 am »
A brake cable and brake pads on the sun ez3 front wheel 🙂
the slower you go the more you see