Author Topic: Rick Astley foo fighters cover  (Read 823 times)

Rick Astley foo fighters cover
« on: 24 November, 2022, 06:54:57 pm »
Anyone listened to the Rick Astley video where he covers the foo  fighters track everyone? I've heard of the foo fighters covering RA's classic Rick rolled track but not the other way around. Its actually not bad.  Just to be certain I then n played the original and whilst not as good as the original,  it was good for a solo acoustic version.

Rick Ast is not a bad musician and singer afterall. He should get back into making music perhaps. What do you think?

Re: Rick Astley foo fighters cover
« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2022, 10:40:27 pm »
I take the Nick Lowe position on Rick Astley:

https://youtu.be/m6hzkBihaew

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 25 November, 2022, 04:40:26 pm »
It's Everlong  :)

The original has some of Dave Grohl's best drumming (the late Taylor Hawkins is in the video but it was recorded before he joined the band).
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3 on: 25 November, 2022, 05:01:51 pm »
He should get back into making music perhaps. What do you think?

Get back into making music? Although he had a break in the 90s, he's been releasing albums and touring for most of this century!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #4 on: 25 November, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »
He should get back into making music perhaps. What do you think?

Get back into making music? Although he had a break in the 90s, he's been releasing albums and touring for most of this century!
Really? Perhaps be should be promoted more,  never heard anything from him on radio or streaming.

« Reply #5 on: 25 November, 2022, 05:27:27 pm »
Also saw the foo fighters gig where Grohl got him out to Rick roll the audience on YouTube. Grohl did a good guitar section just before he came on. Decent drummer, guitarist and overall talent!