Author Topic: Grimpeurs du Sud  (Read 141867 times)

Re: Grimpeurs du Sud
« Reply #900 on: January 12, 2019, 08:31:09 pm »
No works are currently showing on the Gatwick Express or Southern websites - although there was when I checked a week or two back. Perhaps the engineering work has been cancelled/rescheduled?

« Reply #901 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:57 am »
I rode the original GdS perm Down to Downs yesterday, quite a feisty little number especially starting from Edenbridge with the almost immediate double whammy of Toys and Barsted hills.

You will get more of a warm up in the calendar version with a traverse of Ashdown Forest after the start

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-116/

« Reply #902 on: January 14, 2019, 01:51:26 pm »
No works are currently showing on the Gatwick Express or Southern websites - although there was when I checked a week or two back. Perhaps the engineering work has been cancelled/rescheduled?

Yeah, I think this is what happened.  https://brightonmainline.co.uk/mark-the-dates-in-your-diary/ shows 26 Jan as being clear.  Polegate it is!

It's showing no trains for 23 Feb's Mad Jack's - John Seviour Memorial though.

« Reply #903 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:58 pm »

Yeah, I think this is what happened.  https://brightonmainline.co.uk/mark-the-dates-in-your-diary/ shows 26 Jan as being clear.  Polegate it is!

It's showing no trains for 23 Feb's Mad Jack's - John Seviour Memorial though.
I'm thinking a nice pootle from Polegate and a ECE back into London.

To my neck of the woods it should finish up as an imperial century. :)

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2019, 02:52:43 pm »

Nice.  That is not a bad idea which I would consider as well but doing a 200 this weekend and only just beginning my training so don't want to overdo it.  Good luck.

« Reply #905 on: January 15, 2019, 05:44:38 pm »

Nice.  That is not a bad idea which I would consider as well but doing a 200 this weekend and only just beginning my training so don't want to overdo it.  Good luck.
I'm glad you like my plan :)

... however, I've mislead you. I meant to say I was doing this for the Mad Jack in Feb. Sadly I'm working during the next ride :/

« Reply #906 on: January 15, 2019, 11:03:20 pm »
I can vouch from experience that Hailsham is a very good place to ECE to / from, easy relatively quiet (at that time of day) A road down and plenty of choice of routes back whether they be extra AAA North or along the coast to where Southern or South Eastern are running a proper train service

« Reply #907 on: Yesterday at 11:03:45 am »

I'm glad you like my plan :)

... however, I've mislead you. I meant to say I was doing this for the Mad Jack in Feb. Sadly I'm working during the next ride :/

Oh right, well great minds think alike because I noted down in my audax planner to potentially ECE back from the John Seviour.

I can vouch from experience that Hailsham is a very good place to ECE to / from, easy relatively quiet (at that time of day) A road down and plenty of choice of routes back whether they be extra AAA North or along the coast to where Southern or South Eastern are running a proper train service

Nice.  Will definitely consider it.