Author Topic: Planet X/ On One  (Read 29661 times)

microphonie

• Tyke 2
Re: Planet X/ On One
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 05:35:35 pm »
The pickers are a bit rubbish, aren't they? I ordered, amongst other things, six skullie lights, three red and three white, and whoever picks the orders obviously didn't look at the amount, as they've only sent one of each. I've used their crappy contact page to tell them.

As an added bonus, I also received someone else's delivery note (though not their order).

Yep! Ordered four pairs of socks just under two weeks ago and received only one pair. It took a week to get a reply other than the automatic one but to be fair they didn't quibble & I've received the missing socks this week.

Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 01:30:36 pm »
No, they didn't quibble with mine either (though it took three attempts for them to get it right, and I had to resort to sarcasm).

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »
AS I think I may have mentioned upthread, don't bother emailing them, ring them!  You get results much much quicker that way.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »
E-mail worked fine for me - response within a day.

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:52 am »
Not so good at the moment, last 2 orders have both been wrong.

Ordered a Sram cassette and it arrived without a lock ring (they did send it all ok after I moaned) then I ordered a pair of Shimano Clipless pedals in grey only for black to arrive.

So I think they need to sort the packing dept out asap.

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 02:51:13 pm »
They had an amazing sale on a couple of weeks ago where I had topped up my headset order with some high 5 bottles and zero tabs.

I ordered on a Friday morning.

Heard nothing until Tuesday and that was to tell me that their stock system was wrong and they didn't have the correct flavour zero tabs left, therefore they have been removed from my order and delivered in 2-3 days. Didn't turn up til Friday.

All I wanted was my headset really... ::-)

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »
They've gone downhill in my estimation lately.

Ordered some tyres a couple of weeks ago - received the wrong ones. Emailed them asking them to send out the correct ones ASAP and got a response: "Hi Sir I will have sum1 look into this and get back to you". :-\

As stocks were running very low on the website and I hadn't had a response several days later, I placed another order, hoping they'd actually send the correct items this time.

They didn't, and sent me the same (wrong) tyres as they'd sent first time around. >:( So, now I've got four of the wrong tyres and no evidence that they actually sell the ones I ordered (the website says they're out of stock now anyway, if indeed they ever were in stock). I'll be sending them back and making sure I get a receipt for the postage costs.

I'd been lusting after a Pro Carbon as a possible n+1, but I'm rather put off dealing with them for now.

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:08 pm »
Cheeky bastards!

Sent me something wrong (again), their mistake, cost me £8 to return due to the bulky nature. I paid initially by PayPal.

They've just issued a credit note, NOT a PayPal refund and refunded no postage. Where's the wanker smilie.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:56 pm »
Cheeky bastards!

Sent me something wrong (again), their mistake, cost me £8 to return due to the bulky nature. I paid initially by PayPal.

They've just issued a credit note, NOT a PayPal refund and refunded no postage. Where's the wanker smilie.

A quick call and it's heading for PayPal within 3 days   :-\

I wish I had an lbs that made an effort.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 10:28:53 am »
Another farce from PX/OO:

I am still waiting for my order after a week. Actually I made two orders - the second one turned up in reasonable time, but the first still hasn't arrived. Supposedly sent with Royal Mail, but I got a Yodel "We tried to deliver" card. Tracking starts at Sheffield. On-One insisted my order was sent with Royal Mail when I suggested they might have sent it with Yodel by mistake. Yodel were hopeless and though the card says they'll hold it for 7 days then return to sender, they returned to sender the next working day (I intended to go and collect it). On-One won't do anything until 15 working days have passed and RM consider it lost.

They make some great stuff, and I like their business model but the inconsistent and often ropey customer service is really putting me off using them.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 10:53:17 am »
As a contrast, a couple of weeks ago I purchased a Frost River Gun Flint Trail saddlebag and a Acqua y Sapone cap.

Delivered the next day, all correct.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 03:02:27 pm »
Reading this thread back I see they have previous which makes me even more sure they screwed up with the delivery company:
That's strange, I chased an order last week that they said Royal Mail were delivering, yodel turned up with it :D

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 02:52:16 pm »
Very good experience from a warranty replacement.

A Gilles Berthoud Galibier saddle about 9 months old, but very little used, started to develop a crack above the front edge of the rear support (called the "Crescent" in the GB diagram).

This developed over a couple of rides from what I first thought was a half-inch scratch to a 1" split in the top surface of the leather about 2mm wide.

So I went on the Planet X website and followed the returns process using Royal Mail signed for.

After a couple of out-of-stock type messages, a brand new replacement turns up under a couple of weeks later.

A happy customer, although I may put the new one aside until I lose some kilos.

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 02:46:43 pm »
Numptiness!
Ordered 34 Black Sapim Race spokes after having checked by phone they came with nipples (not clear from their website - and some other models say definitely nipples not included)
Arrived within 48hrs
1 spoke with black nipple
27 spokes with silver nipples
6 spokes with no nipples
Phone up, tell them I need seven more nipples and they put in post in hand addressed envelope 7 silver & 7 black nipples ( I guess because they forgot to ask which I need ).
Arrives with 48 hr.
 :thumbsup:

Two weeks later 7 more spokes arrive with black nipples ! :o

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 08:49:41 am »
^
NSFW
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 06:12:59 pm »
^
NSFW
;D

Update.
More numptiness.
Decided that as I now had a significant number of spare nipples 'just in case' I would be safe to order the spokes for the rear wheel while they have them in stock.
It goes without saying two different lengths ordered. Total 38 (always order a spare)
Arrived today 38 loose spokes in a jiffybag.  No separation between the lengths.  :facepalm:
All the nipples are threaded on though. :thumbsup:
Now I have to unthread them to check the lengths one-by-one even though I won't be building this one up for a while.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »
I now had a significant number of spare nipples

that you'd make a good Bond Baddy a la Scaramanga?   ;)

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »
Ordered some bits and pieces at them last saturday.
Then they wrote to me that the mudguards was lost somewhere in their warehouse  ::-)
Well I wasn't surpriced and decided to order a similar type just another brand.

20 minutes later I recieved a email from the packingcenter that everything was packed and shipped
incl both brands of mudguards ?

Today the parcel  arrived including the extra mudguards and a free multitool.
Since I haven't paid for both mudguards I wrote them and explained.
Reply : Keep'em it's to expensive to return from Denmark.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2014, 01:29:46 pm »
I ordered some bits (inc. mudguards, too) from them last weekend - they sent me the correct stuff this time!

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 06:42:43 am »
Claimed under warranty for defective rear wheel on my 8 month old, 5000km Kaffenback.  Took me that long to spot, while replacing a broken spoke, that one eyelet was fully missing.  Also noted the appearance of what looked liked a split down the middle of the rim, extending almost throughout the circumference. Apparently a known issue on '820 disc' rims.  PX asked me to return both wheels without cassette and QRs.  It has taken about three weeks but following inspection I received FOC a brand new Ree'tard wheelset yesterday, cw new skewers and my original Avid discs. Bonus, these wheels look better and feel lighter. I liked the Deore hubs on the binned wheels but not to worry.  Comms have been excellent throughout.  PX get a fair bit of stick but I'd give them  full 10 out of 10 for this warranty handling job. Nice one PX, I'll shop there again.

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 10:28:51 am »
2 recent orders. The first took a little chasing as I'd not heard anything 5 days after ordering. After chasing it came 2 days later on 24 delivery! The second came through very quickly. The correct items were sent both times.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
No problems with my last delivery, consisting as it did of most of the cockpit for the new Surly fixed (stem, bars and whatnot)

I did notice that a) they've not half hiked up the price of their sensibly-coloured handlebars and b) the post-free threshold has increased to £50

That said, their 'own brand' tyres (made by Vee Rubber, if memory serves) are pretty good - I've got some of the BSC Type-1 29er slicks on the singlespeed and the new Surly will be getting their 700x40 gravel tyres (like Surly Knards but half the price)

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 10:35:01 pm »
Post-free threshold is now £100!

I agree about the bars - I've fancied some Midges for a while, and the choices were white or gold for £20, or black for £35.

I decided it wasn't worth the extra £15 for something that'll mostly be covered in tape.

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:47 pm »
Ordered a 3TTT quid quill stem... it arrived with a cracked end cap... nothing a bit of Gorrilla Glue wouldn't fix  but still....
I'll be generous and put thedamage down to the post

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2015, 09:28:01 am »
Ordered a couple of £9.99 Vitoria hyper voyagers and some tubes, as well as some kookaburra wool wash - arrived within a couple of days no fuss.