Author Topic: Planet X/ On One  (Read 19505 times)

hillbilly

Re: Planet X/ On One
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »
Bought a few odds and sods from them recently.  Nothing out of place and the wallet didn't take too much of a hammering, given the prices are very good once you find things in stock...

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 01:15:09 pm »
Anyone ordered anything from Planet X in the last week or two?

I put in an order on Monday and got an automated acknowledgment email but have heard nothing since. Previous purchase from them a few weeks ago was delivered within the same time frame.

I wouldn't be concerned as it's only been a few days but there was the story about them sacking half their staff between the two orders being placed.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 01:30:46 pm »
Ordered some stuff (socks, lights etc) from Planet X on Monday evening.  Shipping notification late Tuesday afternoon. Royal Mail Tracking says it was 'Ready For Delivery' at 0750 this morning.  Not seen it yet so hopefully tomorrow... 

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 01:35:43 pm »

I put in an order on Monday and got an automated acknowledgment email but have heard nothing since. Previous purchase from them a few weeks ago was delivered within the same time frame.

I wouldn't be concerned as it's only been a few days but there was the story about them sacking half their staff between the two orders being placed.

Ordered some Zipp rims from them friday. They arrived monday.

I wonder if they are in deep shit.  Currency fluctuation cant help their pile it high sell it cheap strategy.

They are having a 25% off everything sale until december. That with staff cuts of 50% suggests big cash flow problem.

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 01:53:22 pm »
Ordered some stuff (socks, lights etc) from Planet X on Monday evening.  Shipping notification late Tuesday afternoon. Royal Mail Tracking says it was 'Ready For Delivery' at 0750 this morning.  Not seen it yet so hopefully tomorrow...

...and it has just been delivered   :)

Gus

• Harden the f*ck up !!
    • We will return
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »
Due to the drop in £ vs DKr I ordered a bike 14 days ago.
It's at DHL at present because I'm out.
No problems at all.

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 03:21:30 pm »
I wonder if they are in deep shit.

That's what I was wondering too. I could ask my contact at PX but I wouldn't expect him to answer a query along the lines of "Are you in deep shit?"

To be fair, it's probably too soon to be concerned about my order but I placed a few other online orders at the same time (Chain Reaction, Wiggle, Star Bike and Hasbean) and they all arrived today.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 03:26:39 pm »
Small order placed on the weekend, arrived a couple of days ago.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 08:46:07 pm »
I placed a few other online orders at the same time (Chain Reaction, Wiggle, Star Bike and Hasbean) and they all arrived today.

What are you plotting with that lot?

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »
Well, I called Planet X yesterday and it seems my order is stuck in the picking department but the chap I spoke to couldn't ascertain why.

In the meantime, a couple of orders placed with Spa and Wiggle on Thursday have already turned up.

What are you plotting with that lot?

A pedal-powered coffee machine!

Gus

• Harden the f*ck up !!
    • We will return
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:09 am »
Due to the drop in £ vs DKr I ordered a bike 14 days ago.
It's at DHL at present because I'm out.
No problems at all.

DHL took really good care of it and it's now standing in my living room waiting to be put together.
But I really should study and not put my bike together  :'(

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »

Ordered some Zipp rims from them friday. They arrived monday.

I wonder if they are in deep shit.  Currency fluctuation cant help their pile it high sell it cheap strategy.

They are having a 25% off everything sale until december. That with staff cuts of 50% suggests big cash flow problem.

The sale code is, 'endofworld'

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2016, 12:38:25 pm »
Well, I called Planet X yesterday and it seems my order is stuck in the picking department but the chap I spoke to couldn't ascertain why.

Seems to have done the trick - got a notification that the package had been posted yesterdy, and it arrived today.  :thumbsup:

A note on the packing sheet says it had been sent to an address in Wigan, rather than my address in Kent. Doh!

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2016, 09:38:51 am »
Of the 2 transactions I've had recently, the only slightly odd thing was that the order confirmation email took much longer to arrive than the 'up to 24 hours' they warn about. In one case the goods had already been dispatched, in the other (a return) they'd not only been dispatched and delivered, they'd  been installed and ridden.  But apart from that, no problems.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2016, 11:03:56 am »
Some of their Merino stuff shrinks like no other.

My lightweight socks will be perfect for a 5 year old and my friend's Holdsworth jersey is now a Merino Sports Bra.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2016, 03:47:19 pm »
My merino top from them is great, no sign of shrinking. I'm fairly militant about the 30degree wash though.

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2016, 08:11:48 pm »
Ordered a pair of tyres, a set of pedals, and some bar tape on Saturday afternoon. Arrived Monday morning. I didn't think that was possible!
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2016, 08:37:35 pm »
My PX Cateye-clone rear light failed last week after a wet but not torrential ride. It was raining all day but more drizzle than downpour. Dried it out but it's dead. The battery case was a tad too small, as well. It was ok for the couple of quid it cost but I wouldn't rely on one.
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2018, 12:03:35 pm »
Sale on atm.  Just bought another Smart Lunar R1 £5, and some altura overshoes for £7.50

"an inordinate fondness for beetles"

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 10:33:55 pm »
Ordered a pair of tyres, a set of pedals, and some bar tape on Saturday afternoon. Arrived Monday morning. I didn't think that was possible!
I find their despatch to be super-slow.  I wouldn't order anything from them if I needed it in the next week.
Never tell me the odds.

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2018, 12:59:56 pm »
I find their despatch to be super-slow.  I wouldn't order anything from them if I needed it in the next week.

Interesting development.   Placed 2 orders on Tuesday - one with Wiggle and one with Planet X.   Wiggle kit arrived Thursday.  Confirmation of despatch e-mail from Planet X arrived yesterday.

Neither order was essential but I figure there’ll be a 4-5 day difference in delivery on items that were in stock.

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:24 pm »

Interesting development.   Placed 2 orders on Tuesday - one with Wiggle and one with Planet X.   Wiggle kit arrived Thursday.  Confirmation of despatch e-mail from Planet X arrived yesterday.

Neither order was essential but I figure there’ll be a 4-5 day difference in delivery on items that were in stock.
I'm finding the free delivery option with Wiggle is very quick (and has been for a while now) - normally within 2-3 days, even though they quote much longer at the order stage (presumably to push you for paid delivery).

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2018, 11:27:13 pm »
I’ve had a couple of orders from Planet X delivered quickly in the last couple of weeks. Both were despatched next day and arrived the following. They may be a bit patchy, but worth saying they’re capable of doing well too.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2018, 11:38:36 pm »
Same for me, I ordered a few bits and it's turned up within two days all packaged nicely.

I recently got two pairs of super Roubaix tights for £65 and they're terrific. The best bike stuff shop by a mile in my experience.
Bikepacking bargain basement: reviews of high value kit great for the tourer, bikepacker and randonneur on a budget

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=109048.msg2312359#msg2312359

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2018, 07:30:00 am »
If it is their own brand stuff then it is hit and miss. Some of it is very good for the price, some of it is utter utter junk. I dont think any of it is ever over-priced.