Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 90193 times)

T42

• Tea tank
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2019, 08:09:17 am »
The Inlaw Maw was cleaning out the parrot's cage (which goes to show that dreams are absurd, she never cleaned out a parrot's cage in her puff. The parrot was "hers" but cleaning it out was the Inlaw Paw's job).  The parrot had a go at her hand, so she grabbed it by a wing and threw it on the floor, saying "don't you peck me, you devil".  Parrot squawked and died.

Combination of true memories of the Maw and Peach from Lonesome Dove - something like that.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #676 on: October 14, 2019, 11:28:19 am »
Had one that spooked me last night! As is usual with me, the narrative is very disjointed.  Started with a woman revealing the image of another naked (dead?) woman on the floor of a room. Someone was at the door, and she wiped away the image. Jump cut to an old-style train compartment (like the Southern slam door ones), and I'm sitting next to the first woman, and I'm holding a cushion - beige corduroy as it happens. She asks me "is it all gone" and I shake the pillow, which emits a discordant string noise (there's something about  being a musician in there somewhere) . I answer "mostly" and turn to her. Her eyes are wide, one has a yellow pupil, the other eye looks like a pencil drawing. I look at the cushion, and it has the face of the other (dead) woman drawn in pencil, with one yellow eye.

At this point I wake, with that feeling of the hairs all over standing on end. Spooky!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2019, 11:15:54 pm »
I dreamed that I dreamed that Mrs E and I were staying somewhere we hadn't been before in mid Wales. However, I was convinced that we had been there before, and done all the same things andeaten the same meals. This was puzzling.  Then I realised that I had dreamed our earlier visit and woke feeling relieved to know what had "really" happened.

Then I really woke up...

Nested dreams?

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2019, 08:55:33 am »
Are you sure you've woken up?
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2019, 03:58:27 pm »

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
« Reply #680 on: October 30, 2019, 02:43:09 pm »
Odd one a couple of nights ago. I had become a rough sleeper by some sort of overnight magic carpet process. I was sleeping in the middle of the road in what looked one of the side streets near here, in bed, with mattress, sheets, duvet, pillows, but the actual bed itself had vanished. I had to get up to move my bed to let a car past. Apart from the mattress, it's probably an accurate omen.
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #681 on: November 08, 2019, 08:41:52 am »
Typical anxiety dream last night, doubtless engendered by a surfeit of tea and coffee:  hanging around before the start of PBP with my old chum Augustin. Went to get us a couple of coffees, but the machine hung fire on the second. There was music playing in the background, something in the style of Champs Elysées but the tune was different and words I could hear ran:

Sending polite regrets,
Pigtails, and cigarettes...

A bloke lounging at a table nearby said "shouldn't you be getting ready?" and I realized I was still in civvies. Went back to our van, climbed in to get to my dunnage and realized halfway that I'd left all my cycling togs at home. Went on searching all the same, while a bunch of scruffy kids appeared and began banging on the windows, plunder aforethought.

Woke up.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.