Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 528128 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #5650 on: September 30, 2019, 06:24:24 pm »
Not cycling-specific, but a set of Wera allen keys.  My long-serving Aldi ones had become a liability.

You wouldn't think it was possible to find an allen key impressive, but these qualify.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

« Reply #5651 on: October 09, 2019, 09:51:02 am »
Some Goldtec bolts and "top hat" washers.  Let's see how long these last.

These hubs are now 16 years old and the bearings are still like new.  The Achilles' heel of Goldtecs is salt - don't use them in winter, or the flanges will probably crack and they're not interested in giving you a replacement if this happens.  I killed a black set in the third winter of commuting.  I believe they're CNC-machined from billet rather than being forged, so they're not as strong as (say) a Campag track hub to begin with.
Never tell me the odds.

« Reply #5652 on: October 12, 2019, 04:11:06 am »
The seat post mount and "Contour" bag frame for a Rixen & Kaul seatpost-mounted bag.

Planning to design and make my own bag of similar type using their mounting system.

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #5653 on: October 12, 2019, 07:16:37 am »
One of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L7X74VD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   - there's a separate thread about the connectors.

Rob

« Reply #5654 on: October 12, 2019, 01:14:12 pm »