Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 596316 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #5825 on: September 09, 2020, 11:14:06 am »
Bought a new track pump. Previous Halfords track pump, now 15 years old, had been getting more and more reluctant to successfully inflate stuff. Binned it in a fit of pique after failing to inflate a tyre in time to go for a planned ride; ordered sparkly new one. That'll show it.

Then thought 'I wonder if I can repair it. New one's on the way, so if I destroy it in the process it's no biggie'. Retrieved it from the bin. 10 minutes on Google, and a further 5 minutes with pliers, a rag and WD40 and it appears to be working as well as ever. It would now seem that I am to be a two-pump household.

« Reply #5826 on: September 10, 2020, 04:59:39 pm »
Great!  I like to fix not throw.

Today I bought a Topeak Barxtender cheap off ebay.  I needed to put my camera further out so I could see when it was recording or not. And I can put the gps cycle computer thing next to it.  Loads of them on ebay, all from China except the Topeak is from Taiwan.
Sic transit and all that..

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #5827 on: September 10, 2020, 05:31:16 pm »
A metre of heavy duty marine fuel hose with hope that I can use it to repair the b0rked idler on my Streetmachine.   :-\
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #5828 on: September 10, 2020, 07:56:08 pm »
A small handlebar bag, to complement the enormous one I already have. The big one is ideal for carrying camera bits on a tour but also very effective at blocking any handlebar mounted light.