Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 533339 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #5650 on: September 30, 2019, 06:24:24 pm »
Not cycling-specific, but a set of Wera allen keys.  My long-serving Aldi ones had become a liability.

You wouldn't think it was possible to find an allen key impressive, but these qualify.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #5651 on: October 09, 2019, 09:51:02 am »
Some Goldtec bolts and "top hat" washers.  Let's see how long these last.

These hubs are now 16 years old and the bearings are still like new.  The Achilles' heel of Goldtecs is salt - don't use them in winter, or the flanges will probably crack and they're not interested in giving you a replacement if this happens.  I killed a black set in the third winter of commuting.  I believe they're CNC-machined from billet rather than being forged, so they're not as strong as (say) a Campag track hub to begin with.
Never tell me the odds.

« Reply #5652 on: October 12, 2019, 04:11:06 am »
The seat post mount and "Contour" bag frame for a Rixen & Kaul seatpost-mounted bag.

Planning to design and make my own bag of similar type using their mounting system.

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #5653 on: October 12, 2019, 07:16:37 am »
One of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L7X74VD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   - there's a separate thread about the connectors.

Rob

« Reply #5654 on: October 12, 2019, 01:14:12 pm »

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #5655 on: October 14, 2019, 07:16:21 pm »
Some Time Link pedals.  I don't think I'd seen these before, but Time have a new(ish) dual sided flat/clipless pedal out.  The winter bike is currently serving dual use as a town bike so these are going straight on when they arrive  :thumbsup:

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #5656 on: October 28, 2019, 01:23:49 am »

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #5657 on: November 09, 2019, 03:28:56 pm »
Received a 30€ Chinese plastic hat today, motivation for same being that it comes with a magnetic visor (not the fancy peak you get on MTB hats but a real eye-protector) that I can fit over my rain cover, thus assuring a cosy microclimate for my hair-free head and a winter of snot-free rides.

It sports a DIN label inside which, I hope, relates to cycle helmet standards and not to worming tablets for dogs.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #5658 on: November 09, 2019, 08:21:38 pm »
A Shimano R7020 groupset (50/34, 32-11, 170mm cranks; would rather have had 34-11 but that's what was in stock).
My Rohloff days are numbered so I'm converting the Enigma back to derailleurs.
While I was at it, I also ordered some of the newer design SKS Raceblades for the Disco and some Park Tools patches. I would have also bought more Gravelking SKs but the 32mm were out of stock.

After this splurge, I realised that you can't get converters for flat mount calipers to fit post mounts so I've asked my LBS if they can get me Hope RX4 calipers. More expense than I'd bargained for but, sadly, necessary. The good thing about standards is that there are so many of them......

Coming soon to the Classifieds, a 10,000 mile disc Rohloff and matching SON dyno wheel plus various ancillaries including oil change kit and oil.
And a pair of flat mount 105 hydro disc calipers....

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #5659 on: November 09, 2019, 08:35:42 pm »
If it's on the right side of my first payday I may take you up on that Dyno disc wheel 👀
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

« Reply #5660 on: November 09, 2019, 09:51:52 pm »
If it's on the right side of my first payday I may take you up on that Dyno disc wheel 👀

I want to sell F/R as a pair.
Having said that, I've already had interest in the Rohloff wheel so who knows ?

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #5661 on: November 09, 2019, 10:37:17 pm »
I don't need rohloff.

I don't need rohloff.

I don't need rohloff........

😬
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

« Reply #5662 on: November 11, 2019, 02:00:36 am »
I don't need rohloff.

Nor do I.

Stay strong, brother.

(Or weaken before I do - I'm indifferent ...)