Author Topic: Fixie lust  (Read 1399 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Fixie lust
« on: 12 January, 2009, 10:14:12 pm »
I know this sort of thing fuels the fixie-as-fashion scene and hastenes its own demise, but...

Home

It's like Fixedgeargallery done as a shop.  Most things seem to be sold out, annoyingly.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Fixie lust
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2009, 10:21:28 pm »
They don't have much for sale for a shop  ???
NOT FOR SALE bikes and NO STOCK/Sold Out 'other stuff'....

« Reply #2 on: 12 January, 2009, 10:23:04 pm »
That is one of the most annoyingly twee things I've ever seen.

« Reply #3 on: 12 January, 2009, 10:30:17 pm »
This bunch featured in Feb's Cycling Plus (p 46).  I remember looking them up at the time of reading and wasn't very impressed.
Not quite sure what market they are targeting.   ???

« Reply #4 on: 12 January, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »
I've bought bits from them via ebay -  vg service.

There's some nice bikes there. Looks like they're saying what it is possible to do in the way of renovations etc. So the website is more akin to a shop window than what's on the shop floor and shelves

« Reply #5 on: 13 January, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
Oh dear. Fashionfixta gone berserk.

Makes my admittedly boringly capable Tricross seem much MUCH more desirable. And the new red rimmed wheels on my Langster positively bland.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

« Reply #6 on: 14 January, 2009, 12:55:11 am »
flat bar fixies are so wrong, as as for fresh tripe, all I've got to say is YUK!

« Reply #7 on: 14 January, 2009, 01:11:40 am »
I like them. Obviously aimed at the London hipster fixed gear scene, and some of those bikes are horrible, but they do have some nice stuff that isn't so easy to order online from elsewhere, like the Paul Components stuff.

Fair enough, there's not tons of it in stock, but at least they say so on the site so you don't end up ordering something and waiting for weeks for it to arrive. Hubjub isn't much better stocked (not that I'm putting hubjub down, they're very good too).

hawkeye

« Reply #8 on: 14 January, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »
Chain's a bit slack ....  ;D

Oops; can I say that on this forum ?