Author Topic: 'flu jab'  (Read 20596 times)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: 'flu jab'
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2020, 05:43:32 pm »
The door intercom protocol has been stepped up from "press the button and the receptionist will press their button" to an inaudible conversation about who you are, why you're there and whether you have any COVID-19 symptoms before they'll allow entry.  Not sure how barakta would cope.

I tried to go round the back like the previous protocol, had inaudible intercom discussion which I understood as "go to front".

Pressed front and couldn't understand so I said my name and that I was deaf and couldn't hear. They buzzed me in and then smiled and pointed at seats when I arrived - I was expected.

But yeah, intercoms not amazing, but I figure I am lucky I can just shout "I'm deaf, I can hear your voice but no words" and they let me in usually.

Deaf people who don't speak usually just keep buzzing till they're let in or someone comes out to shout at them.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2020, 06:08:21 pm »
The door intercom protocol has been stepped up from "press the button and the receptionist will press their button" to an inaudible conversation about who you are, why you're there and whether you have any COVID-19 symptoms before they'll allow entry.  Not sure how barakta would cope.

In ours you're supposed to phone the receptionist and state your business.  Last week this led to a) their Infernal Machine hanging up immediately and b) pressing divers numbers before being put on hold for ten minutes.  Fortunately the Nice Receptionist* spotted me and let me in.

* other receptionists are available.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:23 pm »
[1] Well it was supposed to be a nurse.  Given what they were wearing it could have been a ballet dancer on day release from Cryptanalysis 101 for all I know.

Could be anyone that's managed to pass the "how to jab people with a needle and inject vaccine into muscle" course.
Mind the government decided that anyone without professional registration would be covered against liability by regulation of gov, it's for such things.

Was probably the triage receptionist  :P