Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 674390 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6925 on: February 13, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »
The mass of 30cm of hair is trivial.

I won some Park Patches from biggsy over this matter...

« Reply #6926 on: February 13, 2019, 04:28:50 pm »
I have lost 10lbs since 9 November despite Christmas and 10 days holiday so really pleased.  Another stone to go to target.  On a fasting day today and finished work early.  No distraction = large temptation.  I know that if I succumb then I will fall big time.

« Reply #6927 on: February 13, 2019, 04:47:50 pm »
I had dinner and wine out last night so going to weigh myself tomorrow. Irrespective things seem to have stalled a bit despite having an overall calorie deficit last week of about 2500. I would at the very least expect to not go up and I've been feeling tired and my mood has suffered. Eating more carbs this week to bring my energy levels up.

In five weeks I think I've lost 3lb but it has fluctuated quite a bit so hard to tell.

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #6928 on: February 23, 2019, 08:18:56 am »
I have fallen into the pit of emotional eating this week - the last 5 days in the job have been trying to offload 3 years of market /product /supplier knowledge into notes for my assistant.
Monday I start at the new place, and there's nothing stressful about that, is there? :facepalm:
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #6929 on: February 23, 2019, 04:23:30 pm »
My unofficial weight this morning was 111.5kg, down half a kg. That is so marginal as to be "noise". Any loss at tomorrow's offical weigh-in will be a bonus. I will be most surprised if I managed the 2lb needed for my 2.5 stone award.

Well, I was most agreeably surprised and I did lose the 2lb necessary!

Sine then, my 4 visits have yielded + 3.5lb, -3.5lb, +3.5lb, -3.5lb. So I have gained the 2½ stone award 3 times...  :facepalm:

The two weeks of increase have coincided firstly with the Yorkshire weekend and then with Phyllis's 100th birthday. I will miss next week's weigh-in because we are off to Spain for a week, but then my next weight-in on 8th March will no doubt show another increase. I suppose I should console myself in the knowledge that, over the past 5 weeks or so, my diet had allowed me to have two rather profligate weekends with no overall weight gain.
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

« Reply #6930 on: February 23, 2019, 07:24:55 pm »
5 weeks in Hong Kong eating everything I can't get in the UK, so my weight is 83 kg. Last year I read the Obesity Code, and am now firmly  behind the idea of the 2 compartment model of fat etc. Time to lose some weight

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #6931 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:57 pm »

Quite pleased with myself in the last year :D

Unfortunately this necessitates a change of jersey sizes! I've put an ad up in the classifieds asking for size L men's jerseys if you've any going spare

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=111178.0
Bikepacking bargain basement: reviews of high value kit great for the tourer, bikepacker and randonneur on a budget

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=109048.msg2312359#msg2312359

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #6932 on: March 15, 2019, 07:19:15 pm »
Down 4.5lb on last week's Slimming World weigh-in. Now 17st 11.5lb.
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6933 on: March 16, 2019, 05:32:25 am »
I started Keto on 2 January.

Now 12kg down, without feeling hungry at all. I do 16:8 fasting during the week (I.e. no breakfast, eat between 14:00 and 21:00) because it is easy.

Just introducing a few cakes into the week now, but will be careful not to overdo it.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk