Author Topic: Suffolk Ride - 15th June 2008  (Read 48133 times)

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
Re: Suffolk Ride - 15th June 2008
« Reply #275 on: 17 June, 2008, 08:46:06 pm »
It was on leaving the hall that Woofage had a clipless moment and made a mess of one of his knees

Don't worry, annie. I had a coming together with a piece of furniture yesterday so I now have a matching pair :o.

If I'm honest, I'm more concerned that I scratched one of my pedals...
Pen Pusher

annie

« Reply #276 on: 17 June, 2008, 09:03:36 pm »
It was on leaving the hall that Woofage had a clipless moment and made a mess of one of his knees

Don't worry, annie. I had a coming together with a piece of furniture yesterday so I now have a matching pair :o.

If I'm honest, I'm more concerned that I scratched one of my pedals...

Glad to hear you got your priorities right ;)

I bumped my elbow really hard today, the bad one.  Also gave my knee a good thump and tripped over one of the dogs. 

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #277 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:07:54 am »
Well, it was an interesting way to get to a ride (I rarely drive) but we managed to get all three bikes in the back of the car and to the strains of Swedish folk-punk set off for Ipswich. An awkward moment came at the Dartford Crossing, where I attempted to gain entry with a Kiwi dollar, and much amusement had as all the lesser-endowed drivers played racing hero from the tolls.
Do I care?
It was a happy chatty evening with good food, and great fun till bed time, then off and out through the back door to Moria and the station.
The weather was kind, with only a few drizzly bits, and a concertina peloton that expanded and contracted as the day went on. Some draggy climbs, some short'n'nasties, and a few throw-yer-brain-away descents.
I had two rude mechanicals on the way, the first being the loosening of cleat bolts on my right shoe, which necessitated removing the shoe, then removing the unattached cleat from the pedal.
The other was a visit from the slow faeries just before the 6 Bells, that lovely "clunk" as rim hits underinflated tyre. I had a pump, and took the easy route of replacing the tube rather than looking for an 'ole. Sat in the sun, at a pub.....could've been worse! Pity I was designated driver.
It was not a bad run back, especially after the little sharp'n'nasty, and a good spin back to Needham.
I dropped Woolly and Peli in Croydon, as it was a place not TOOOOO far from theirs, on a road I know, and I really, really hate driving. Doing it in London freaks me out. The return was easier, and I left rebuilding the bike to the next day.
A nice day out, just about on 40 miles for those of us who went our way.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #278 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:28:14 am »
Sorry for the delay ...

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #279 on: 19 June, 2008, 08:01:16 pm »
Hi All
Just got back on line (thanks Virgin gits)
Thanks for a great day it was nice to meet you all
Annie, I hope your elbow is OK,the bike is now mended
with no cost at all

Again thanks to all who made it a good ride
Recumbent Riders will rule the world........(maybe)

have a look here
Flickr: bottlemasher's Photostream