Author Topic: One more week.  (Read 3426 times)

Jakob

One more week.
« on: 18 April, 2008, 02:54:36 pm »
Just got off the phone with Steve Goff. My frame is still at the painters and wont be ready until Wednesday. (Which means I wont get it until Friday)
He was quite positive about the look of the frame and wants to put it on his website when it's done, including photos of some of the details, which makes me feel even more excited about it.

..just one more week.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: One more week.
« Reply #1 on: 18 April, 2008, 04:50:41 pm »
Man I know that feeling, when I ordered my Principia*, back in the day where I pretty much lived over the road from the factory ('94). I was tool 2 weeks and boy did the butterflies go mad closer to the day.

Only to be told on the day that it didn't arrive in the post at the LBS I ordered the frame from !!!

Was I very close to go over and burn down the factory, only to reason that if the factory burned I would not get the bike at all.

Lucky it was only one day delayed :)

* My biggest expenditure on a bike ever and month and month of savings and time send nagging the owner of the LBS about bits and bob's.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:04:18 pm »

..just one more week.

Longest week of your life   or it will seeem like it ;D

donpedro

• ain`t haulin` any lambs to the marketplace anymore
    • But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:13:18 pm »
C'mon be a man, bite the bullit!  ;)

Btw, you do know that ...

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:14:52 pm »
don't be so cruel to him the poor boy can't take any pictures of it yet :)

Jakob

« Reply #5 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:30:11 pm »

Sort of..except no black bands.
Pictures as soon as the real thing arrives.

« Reply #6 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »
Nice!

Nicer with drops though...  ::-)  :)
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

donpedro

• But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #7 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:39:40 pm »
Wolly, gotto fight all evil-doers that dangle shiny new toys in my face!

Jacob, Nice! Text a tad loud but very tight bike! :P
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."

Jakob

« Reply #8 on: 18 April, 2008, 05:50:37 pm »
Nice!

Nicer with drops though...  ::-)  :)

I do have a pair of drops for use on the track, but I find pista-bars entirely unsuitable for traffic-jamming.

Peter, not sure if the text will be exactly like that (I think it wont be italic), but I did want it fairly loud.
I also think it's a bit of a new thing for Steve Goff as well, as most of his examples are relatively conservative, but he seems pretty excited about this one.

Jakob

« Reply #9 on: 24 April, 2008, 03:34:11 pm »
And 3 more days!.
He's got it back from the painters, with all the detailing I requested, but still has to do facing, mounting headbadge etc, so wont ship it until Saturday, meaning I wont get it until Monday/Tuesday.

More arrrghhh!

Jakob

« Reply #10 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:46:31 pm »
Frame was shipped yesterday. I've now pestered reception so much, that if I go down there again, the receptionist will probably kill me...I guess it wont turn up until tomorrow..

donpedro

• But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #11 on: 29 April, 2008, 06:41:18 pm »
Or even worse, they might give Rory Breaker a call:

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Jakob. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya!"

;)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #12 on: 30 April, 2008, 08:46:11 am »
Well?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jakob

« Reply #13 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
Parcel Force wont get here until around lunch time..

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #14 on: 30 April, 2008, 01:40:28 pm »
Past lunch time , any pictures yet ?

Jakob

« Reply #15 on: 30 April, 2008, 03:23:59 pm »
Got it!!.
It's almost perfect. Very impressed with the brazing/lugwork (not a filemark to be spotted).
Some of the detailing in the paintwork *could* be better, but it's still verrrrrrryy nice.

Can't take any pictures until I get home.
Also realised that I don't have any seatpost bolts and wont be able to get to the bikeshop today. (So I wont finish the build today :( )
Oh well, it's raining anyway..

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #16 on: 30 April, 2008, 03:32:09 pm »
Great news :)

you lucky sod !!

Jakob

« Reply #17 on: 30 April, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »

Was dark (and very wet outside) by the time I got home, so pictures a bit crappy.
Rest of the set here:

http://flickr.com/photos/kigurai/sets/72157604814330624/

Stuck some wheels, saddle and bars on it and it's perfect :). Unfortunately the next 4 days is all kendo and work, so wont get to build it until Monday or so.

Jakob

« Reply #18 on: 07 May, 2008, 03:52:40 pm »
I got it on the road yesterday, sort of. Turned out that my old Stronglight crankset got retired for reason (I didn't remember it being *that* bad) and I was coaching my girlfriend along at the same time, but sofar, so good.
Took a little to get used to the sharp steering again, but the bike is very light, perfectly sized and so far, exactly what I had in mind.
 New crankset is coming from Hubjub tomorrow (Where I got kendo anyway, so I can't ride) and with the weather forecast perfect for the weekend, I will get the tested and photographed then.
Well worth the wait!