Author Topic: Wiggle  (Read 112032 times)

gordon taylor

Wiggle
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:40:51 pm »
I hereby declare that I've given up with Wiggle. I ordered a front rack this week and a rear turned up. That's the third time in about a year that the wrong stuff has come.

I was a committed wiggle-a-holic in the past, but I'm now a free man.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Wiggle
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:26:46 pm »
My dealings with w have been fine. It's not entirely their fault that I returned an Altura Crossmax jacket to them earlier this week.
The cut was far too tight round the shoulders for my partner. They refunded the dosh today.

bobajobrob

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:40:36 am »
I ordered a Tortec ultralite rack and they sent me a Tortec expedition instead ::-) Of course, I didn't notice until I got it on the bike, by which time I couldn't be bothered to remove it and send it back.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:31:35 am »
I wonder if they have rack blindness? 

Never had a problem with any of my orders - fast, cheap, lovely.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Jakob

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:34:09 am »
They're ok, but I can usually find cheaper elsewhere. (And even with non-free shipping, both Parker and Ribble have been faster).

gordon taylor

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 12:19:35 pm »
I wonder if they have rack blindness? 

They also have rim blindness - 700C ordered, 26" arrived - from a different manufacturer, natch.

Like bobajobrob, I can't be arsed to send the rack back, I'll probably just fit it to the tandem. It is worth twice what I paid them for the front rack.

Zoidburg

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:27:53 pm »
If its no good to you Gordon I will take it off your hands ::-)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 03:54:47 pm »
I've had a couple of cock-ups this year.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a 9sp ultegra cassette for £24.  A 10 sp one turned up instead (£34 ;))  It's gone in my spares box.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 06:23:01 pm »
I had the wrong colour bar tape twice (they got it right on the 3rd attempt, and refunded the return postage) but apart from that they've been OK.  Not normally the cheapest, but very fast delivery.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 07:53:44 am »
My only gripe is them sending me sweets with bits of dead animal in them.

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:56 am »

My only gripe is not being sent any sweets at all.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
They also have rim blindness - 700C ordered, 26" arrived - from a different manufacturer, natch.

Same with tyres.

My Panaracer 700c x 26mm tyre order was a bit of a farce. Initially they sent 26" MTB tyres made by Tioga. When I returned them they sent me the right tyres, but one 23mm and one 26mm tyre. I emailed them again to tell them and suggested they pop another 26mm in the post, and I'll keep the 23mm one for my troubles, they agreed. So all sorted out in the end.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 03:14:19 pm »

My only gripe is not being sent any sweets at all.

Having ordered several times from them before, my first lot of sweets came with my last order. The order was split into to consignments, each of which contained two packs of gums. David didn't like them; more for me ;D

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
2 packs in the last consignment :D

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:28 pm »

Yes, mine got given away, or rather a colleague pounced on them.

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:43 pm »
I just complained to wiggle after their couriers tried to deliver my turbo twice (erm, no they didn't - and they didn't leave a card either). They offered me a £5 gift voucher after I moaned. A lot.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:02 pm »
I just complained to wiggle after their couriers tried to deliver my turbo twice (erm, no they didn't - and they didn't leave a card either). They offered me a £5 gift voucher after I moaned. A lot.
You forgot to say that when they send it by Royal Snail we get it just fine, it is the delivery company that can't read a map or house numbers. As the same thing happened to me as they knocked on the wrong door.
#bollockstobrexit

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:20 pm »
Two recent orders from Wiggle, both received fine, both sent by Royal Mail and received two days after the order was placed. And both came with sweets :)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 11:24:23 pm »
Can't complain, ordered bib shorts and cateye computer Friday around 10am, free delivery
option and they turned up 8am Saturday..

G
..Just lift your head, take a deep breath and enjoy....

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 04:35:59 pm »
Ordered just of £50 of stuff yesterday morning, chose free delivery and it arrived this afternoon.  Sadly there were no extra goodies in the box.  I've grown used to the wine gums, then last order it was a bottle opener, now nothing.   :(

Anyone else experience this?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

RogerT

• Playing with a big steamy thing
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:47 pm »
Last 2 orders had no wine gums.  Colleagues at work very dissapointed.  They used to gravitate towards my desk when anything from wiggle arrived...and slobber. 

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:52:50 pm »
Got a bottle opener yesterday. I stared at it stupidly for a few seconds wondering if it was part of what I ordered, before turning it over and realising what it was... You can tell I don't drink a lot of beer!

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:40 pm »
Got a bottle opener yesterday. I stared at it stupidly for a few seconds wondering if it was part of what I ordered, before turning it over and realising what it was... You can tell I don't drink a lot of beer!

Just leave that to us professionals.  ;)

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 07:57:19 pm »
Last order turned up the day after I ordered it with free delivery. And it had my first wiggle gift in it - a bottle opener*. Which I won't use as I don't drink beer.  :-\  I am more than happy to relieve vegetarians of any sweets they don't want!

* The only reason I knew it was a bottle opener was 'cos someone said they had a gift they couldn't identify a while back.
Abnormal for Norfolk

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 08:25:03 pm »
Last order turned up the day after I ordered it with free delivery. And it had my first wiggle gift in it - a bottle opener*. Which I won't use as I don't drink beer:-\  I am more than happy to relieve vegetarians of any sweets they don't want!

* The only reason I knew it was a bottle opener was 'cos someone said they had a gift they couldn't identify a while back.

Cider is also sold in bottles, same size caps on them.  ;)