Author Topic: Wiggle  (Read 112432 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Wiggle
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 09:12:03 am »
Last order turned up the day after I ordered it with free delivery. And it had my first wiggle gift in it - a bottle opener*. Which I won't use as I don't drink beer:-\  I am more than happy to relieve vegetarians of any sweets they don't want!

* The only reason I knew it was a bottle opener was 'cos someone said they had a gift they couldn't identify a while back.

Cider is also sold in bottles, same size caps on them.  ;)

As is J2O.

Blah

• Not sure where I'm going
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 01:34:39 pm »
I've got 3 of those bottle openers now. Don't care for them much, they might as well stop including them now.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 01:39:30 pm »
I see that they have stopped selling Specialized Armadildos.  ???

Where do I get these from now.  :'(

H

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 06:28:16 pm »
I've just placed a monster order - if I don't get sweeties and a bottle opener, I shall complain!!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 06:51:27 pm »
Apparently they tried to deliver to me this morning, and I got an email from Wiggle something like an hour later telling me that the delivery had failed, which is impressively efficient.  This does mean however that I've got a ten mile round trip tomorrow to pick up a parcel from CityLink in Merton (probably).  I wonder if I'll get a bottle opener or any sweets?  I damn well ought to, since it's a single item for >£200 !
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:41:16 pm »
Bit disappointed with my latest order, found I needed a new wheel on Wednesday, they had what I wanted, but the description was a bit iffy and I wanted to clarify something. Emailed them at 8.45am, got an auto-response saying I would have a reply within 6 hours. 24 hours later, and with no response, I emailed the same query and got the same auto-response. However, I did get a response 3 hours later, asking what is your query! We went back and forwards a couple of times, they didn’t answer my questions, but I thought I'd order anyway, which I did, and paid for express delivery. Sure enough, email 1 hour later saying packed and ready to go. Waited in all day today, no delivery. Tried the City Link tracking number they gave me; no such number according to City Link. Emailed Wiggle at 3pm, guess what, will reply within 6 hours. They didn't. That’s me with no wheel for the weekend. Most of my orders are small ones and come via Royal Mail and are always delivered next day, whether I select express or not. That rather points the finger at City Link, but not being able to contact Wiggle is very frustrating.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:37 pm »
I see that they have stopped selling Specialized Armadildos.  ???

Where do I get these from now.  :'(

I guess it depends on which Armadillos you mean, they still do one size of the Nimbus Armadillo Road Tyre.

There still seem to be plenty of other people willing to sell you Armadillo tyres.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 01:11:13 am »
My LBS does armadillos - mail order also.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 10:44:47 am »
Not a direct complaint at Wiggle, but I wish they'd stop using ShittyLink.

I just got an email saying something along the lines of "We attempted to deliver at 08.06 am this morning, but there was nobody to collect..." etc..

Bullshit!! I didn't leave the house until half past and I know exactly what I was doing at 8.06 - I was in the kitchen drinking tea!

Lying fucks.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:21 am »
Still waiting for my tyres, ordered a few weeks ago. Out of stock and delivery to them expected end of June. I always use work as a delivery address because I know how unreliable most carriers are with private addresses (mind you, Citylink don't really cut it anyway).

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
I would usually get stuff delivered to work but this will be a particularly large box!

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 11:07:40 am »
Citylink and DPD - bane of my life.

The best thing is to complain to Wiggle. If they get enough complaints they will change contracts.
A shitter and a giggler.

alchemy

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 12:07:28 am »
I've just seen an ad for wiggle that says they now ship worldwide  :D :thumbsup:

*hides credit card* 

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 12:38:44 am »
I would usually get stuff delivered to work but this will be a particularly large box!

I always go for work address.    It's a 24 hour building so any non-delivery is a proven liar ;D

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 01:01:01 am »

I had this delivered at work. I had people that hardly know me asking me about my bike box and where I was off to with my bike for about a week  ::-)

Citilink are definitely chancers. I guess they know that most of the domestic addresses they deliver to won't have anyone in so they don't try too hard. I have had one "attempted delivery" when I was at the other side of the door, and saw the guy bunging a card in without even bothering with the bell.

I've complained to Wiggle about Citilink. The reply was along the lines of "our customer research shows that Citilink score very highly compared to other carriers. They are also the most cost effective and help us to keep our prices down blah blah".

All couriers are much of a muchness in that they are all geared to businesses with a "Goods Inward" or post room as in my workplace.

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 08:25:54 am »
...Citilink are definitely chancers. I guess they know that most of the domestic addresses they deliver to won't have anyone in so they don't try too hard. I have had one "attempted delivery" when I was at the other side of the door, and saw the guy bunging a card in without even bothering with the bell.

...All couriers are much of a muchness in that they are all geared to businesses with a "Goods Inward" or post room as in my workplace.

I've had much the same behaviour from other companies, so I don't think it's unique to Citilink.

The one thing that they have (or had, I haven't had to test this recently) was that their depot was open 24 hours, so I have turned up at 11pm to retrieve a parcel from them, as opposed to hammering across London once to get to a depot at Heathrow before they closed at 6-30 (that was for UPS iirc).

These days I expect that I'll have to pick up parcels from the delivery company, and what I look for is a convenient depot for me to get to!

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:37 am »
Still waiting for my tyres.

Rapples

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 08:54:37 am »
Just a guess, but have you ordered these by any chance?

26" Slicks

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 11:23:07 am »
Just got our box of goodies from them, plenty of stuff but no extra bit from them at all :(
#bollockstobrexit

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 11:28:31 am »
They don't like me as I am always moaning about their rubbish ShittyLink couriers.  :(

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 11:30:05 am »
But that's only cause they are rubbish
Getting there...

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 12:26:54 pm »
Just a guess, but have you ordered these by any chance?

26" Slicks

Not those. Gatorskins (which I like, so there). They arrived on Monday and I have been remiss in not reporting that sooner.

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 10:48:32 pm »
Ordered some bits'n'bobs. Opted for the free delivery and the stuff arrived the next day.  :thumbsup:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 03:54:29 pm »
My mum sent me some Wiggle vouchers for my birthday, bless her.  Not being internet-savvy, she got my sister to order them.

The voucher details were emailed to my sister.  She later noticed that she had been charged £3.99 for delivery.  Of an email  ???

When she complained, they said they'd take £3.99 off her next order  ??? ???

On further complaint (she's not even a cyclist) they agreed to refund the £3.99. 

Even the best retailers can get it wrong sometimes!
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:28 pm »
I got my new chain, plus 2 packets of Wiggle-gummie bears. Ordered Friday pm, they were here before I got in to work.  :thumbsup:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart