Author Topic: Wiggle  (Read 112030 times)

Re: Wiggle
« Reply #500 on: March 12, 2019, 11:06:41 pm »
Wiggle were one of the first online retailers I tried, but they sent me no correspondence after I ordered, and they did not have a phone number, so they were clearly not interested in giving reasonable customer service.  No probs, Sigma Sports, Chain Reaction, or my local Hargroves have all been excellent online.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #501 on: March 13, 2019, 08:44:42 am »
Chain Reaction are Wiggle.

« Reply #502 on: March 13, 2019, 10:10:59 am »
Chain Reaction are Wiggle.

Indeed, tho they still have a Northern Ireland telephone number on their website, tho I expect the orders are fulfilled from the same warehouse in the Midlands. Certainly stock levels / availability look very alike.

I've been using Merlin recently, with good results. And Bike24, tho presumably that'll become uneconomic after Brexit.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #503 on: March 14, 2019, 03:40:33 am »
I've been using the same combination, and I just had exactly that thought last night  :-[

« Reply #504 on: March 14, 2019, 06:28:29 am »
Bike24 is also Wiggle

DaT

« Reply #505 on: March 14, 2019, 07:32:22 am »
Bike24 is also Wiggle
The joys of capitalism.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #506 on: March 14, 2019, 11:00:46 am »
Bike24 is also Wiggle
<googles ...>

blimey - that was Oct 2017
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2019, 01:43:22 pm »
Bike24 is also Wiggle

But still far better.

Anyhow - my tale of wow - wrong BB described on their site, ordered to swap over this week... obv wrong so preparing to return, I now have to go 3 miles to my nearest Asda for free returns instead of 500m down the road to the co-op Collect+ returns.... quite disappointed!  Plus no returns slip now in with order now and as I don't have a working printer.... stuck with the Asda option even if I did want to pay (Adsa option is print free)...

Will order a new BB and that's probably the last of Wiggle for me...  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #508 on: April 19, 2019, 08:30:02 pm »
I wanted a multitool with both a 2.5mm allen key (why do manufacturers use such silly sizes?) and a T20 torx driver. I don't really like multitools but in this particular case it seemed to make sense. I could only find one, which I first found on Tredz for £12.98, or £2 more in silver which I preferred to the black (a choice of colours in tools, is this fashion over function?). Turned out Wiggle were the cheapest, £1 less than Tredz and not charging extra for my preferred colour. Ordered on the 16th with the cheapest delivery option, they said it would arrive on the 24th – it actually arrived on the 18th!

But I note this was the first time I'd used Wiggle in a couple of years.

I note that free delivery on any order seems to be a thing of the past (from any firm). That's for the best, though of course could have the negative effect of encouraging you to add things you don't really want to your order.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2020, 08:53:03 am »
WigglingChain's stock levels seem worse than ever.  Just had a look for some items - nada.   Granted covid and also demand for cycling gear must be having an effect, but it was still a bad day when CR&W 'merged'.  There's pretty much no point in having both websites, except that I marginally prefer the CR 'experience'.
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.