Author Topic: I got a stye in me eye  (Read 2664 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
I got a stye in me eye
« on: 21 February, 2009, 07:26:30 pm »
I don't normally get these but this is the second one in a week. The first one seemed to go away within 24 hrs but this one is into the second day. Irritating little bu**ers aren't they?

Re: I got a stye in me eye
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2009, 07:32:42 pm »
If you have a gold ring, gently rub it over the stye  ;)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2009, 07:36:29 pm »
I am slightly embarrassed to confess that I have already done that. Is there any scientific evidence for why this would make any difference at all? Other than introducing more bacteria to the area.

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »
Short on sleep? Any other reason why your immune system might be spread too thin?

« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2009, 10:41:37 am »
This and the mouth ulcers you were getting (I think? I might be confused) does suggest your immune system's a bit weak?

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: 22 February, 2009, 10:52:27 am »
It doesn't make a lot of sense really. I am getting loads of sleep and eating well. I think it may be down to by change of drinking habits. I used to drink every night and now I don't drink during the week but still drink a bottle of wine each night at the weekend. Sometimes a bit more. I wonder if my body is objecting to the constant yo yo effect of alcohol/no alcohol. Not that I am trying to convince myself that I should start drinking in the week again of course.  ;)

Maybe I should move on to phase two of my plan and cut down at weekends.

The stye has gone by the way, less than 48 hrs. Maybe they aren't styes, but they certainly look like them, small pimple type thing right under the eyelid.

« Reply #6 on: 22 February, 2009, 12:38:20 pm »
isn't that just an infected eyelash?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 22 February, 2009, 12:41:33 pm »
A stye is an infection of an eyelash follicle, which can be red hot and painful.

I wonder if TKP has a Meibomian cyst though.

noisycrank

• twitter @noisycrank
« Reply #8 on: 23 February, 2009, 07:47:57 pm »
I think I had a Meibomian cyst once. Drained under a local. The scars are on the inside. Interesting   :o watching the needle come towards my eye .
If you don't like my haircut you can suck my socks!

Chris S

« Reply #9 on: 23 February, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »
I think I had a Meibomian cyst once. Drained under a local. The scars are on the inside. Interesting   :o watching the needle come towards my eye .

*thud*  :sick:

The ol' Needles 'n Eyes combination is one I just cannot do. Someone once regaled a hearty story of how he had to have injections into his eyeballs and I had nightmares and sweats for a week  :o.

Nasty.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: 23 February, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »
I most definitely do NOT have a Meibomian cyst, not if it means somebody wants to stick needles in my eyes.

« Reply #11 on: 24 February, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »
I most definitely do NOT have a Meibomian cyst, not if it means somebody wants to stick needles in my eyes.

I've had one removed under LA. The urge to dive out the window when the scalpel approaches is great ;)
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #12 on: 25 February, 2009, 12:47:06 am »
I had some huge cysts in my right eye 12 months ago. They were a result of 'blefritis' (sp) which roughly translates as blocked lymph ducts in the eyelids.

Symptoms are very itchy eyelids and you may find the only relief is to physically pull your eyelashes out one by one.

If you ever get this bathe your eyelid edges/lash roots in a solution of baby shampoo and water applied with a cotton bud - or if it's really driving you up the wall take a shower and wash your hair with Head 'n Shoulders with your eyes wide open.  :o Sh1te! That hurts!

I had the cysts removed under a local. The first incision and I said 'Ow!' and the doc said 'You're not supposed to be able to feel that!' I think my reply was something along the lines of 'Oh! Yeah?' or it might have been something less controlled, I'm not sure.  ::-)

Since then I have regularly soaped my eyes and have not been revisited. Thank dog.

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

simonp

« Reply #13 on: 25 February, 2009, 12:52:34 am »

*thud*  :sick:

The ol' Needles 'n Eyes combination is one I just cannot do. Someone once regaled a hearty story of how he had to have injections into his eyeballs and I had nightmares and sweats for a week  :o.

Nasty.

I heard you can be cured of that phobia with acupuncture.

;D