Author Topic: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists  (Read 210442 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
Re: Oiks shouting stuff at cyclists
« Reply #1325 on: December 07, 2018, 09:59:41 am »
I was challenged to a race at about 5a.m. one Saturday morning* by a bloke on a Yo bike (dockless hire thing). "Are you going Filton? Do you want a race? I'll give you a race? I'm the champion of this!" I was on my way to a hilly 200km audax so I was content to let him zoom off.

*For me. It was clearly Friday night for him.
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #1326 on: December 07, 2018, 10:02:12 am »
Yesterday, there was a huge (thankfully very visible) pool of oil or petrol just in front of and over the give way line, so I braked cautiously to a stop. This gave an opportunity for the old bloke on the corner with tell-tale black bag (clue: it was open at the top and he didn't have a dog) to say "It's green!" I looked at him quizzically. "It's clear! There's nothing coming, you can go! Well, there is now!"
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

« Reply #1327 on: January 10, 2019, 10:43:00 am »
yesterday, turning right into a side road and a youngish man is ambling then standing in the middle of the road. So I turn and slow down to pass behind him but asked him not to stand in the middle of the road. He demonstrated he had command of  some swear words and that I was 'a dickhead cyclist'. I wished him a pleasant day and left him to his musings,

« Reply #1328 on: January 12, 2019, 01:40:40 pm »
Yesterday, on my way home from work, someone (with a bottle of beer) was wandering down the road. As I approach he stepped to the side and said (said more than shouted, but this felt like the right thread in any case) “sorry, I thought you were a car”.
To be frank, I’m still puzzled.

« Reply #1329 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:54 pm »
Today that would be me. Driving home from work i passed a cyclist on an unlit rural road. He had a good headlight but his rear light was out. I pulled in at a farm entrance ahead and got out of the car to call out to him. A little later I passed him with both lights working.