Author Topic: Interesting and Unusual Bikes You've Seen  (Read 421405 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
Re: Interesting and Unusual Bikes You've Seen
« Reply #2850 on: December 07, 2019, 06:18:57 pm »
Looks like a relatively harmless way to get around billboard regulations.
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #2851 on: December 18, 2019, 04:40:48 pm »
Spotted an interesting one earlier:  I was passed by a muggle-looking cyclist (flat pedals, civvy shoes, hi-vis jacket under rucksack, waterproof trousers) going well on some kind of hybrid.  Then I spotted the belt drive and gave it a bit more effort to try to satisfy my curiosity....  Large grey rear hub that I didn't recognise as a Rohloff, Alfine or Nexus, but might have passed for an older NuVinci if you squint (it was bigger and less shiny than the Sturmey-Archer hubs).  There was a black bottle in the one cage on the downtube, so if that was a battery, it was a fairly stealth one.  Just the two brake cables at the handlebars, didn't spot an obvious eBike console (though I only caught up for a second at some traffic lights before we went different ways, so didn't get a good look at the controls).

???

My gut instinct says some sort of stealth-ninja e-bike, in which case kudos to the manufacturer for commuter-oriented minimalism.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2852 on: December 18, 2019, 04:55:36 pm »
Spotted an interesting one earlier:  I was passed by a muggle-looking cyclist (flat pedals, civvy shoes, hi-vis jacket under rucksack, waterproof trousers) going well on some kind of hybrid.  Then I spotted the belt drive and gave it a bit more effort to try to satisfy my curiosity....  Large grey rear hub that I didn't recognise as a Rohloff, Alfine or Nexus, but might have passed for an older NuVinci if you squint (it was bigger and less shiny than the Sturmey-Archer hubs).  There was a black bottle in the one cage on the downtube, so if that was a battery, it was a fairly stealth one.  Just the two brake cables at the handlebars, didn't spot an obvious eBike console (though I only caught up for a second at some traffic lights before we went different ways, so didn't get a good look at the controls).

???

My gut instinct says some sort of stealth-ninja e-bike, in which case kudos to the manufacturer for commuter-oriented minimalism.

Something like this?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #2853 on: December 18, 2019, 05:16:05 pm »
Nahh, I'd have recognised a Vanmoof.  This had a normal looking frame.

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #2854 on: December 18, 2019, 05:22:59 pm »
There are lots of e-bikes with batteries integrated 'invisibly' into the down tube nowadays, though I've only seen them in road style.
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

« Reply #2855 on: December 18, 2019, 06:13:34 pm »
How about this one.
Belt drive, bottle battery, two cables, no handlebar controls.
https://www.gtech.co.uk/ebikes/ebike-sport.html

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #2856 on: December 18, 2019, 06:38:43 pm »
How about this one.
Belt drive, bottle battery, two cables, no handlebar controls.
https://www.gtech.co.uk/ebikes/ebike-sport.html

And we have a winner!   :thumbsup: