Author Topic: Worlds fastest pet  (Read 967 times)

Worlds fastest pet
« on: 18 June, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »
Apparently Cheetahs are really easy to tame and have never been known to turn on humans (unlike other big cats which are highly dangerous even if raised from a cub by humans). It seems that they have been used since at least 3000bc as hunting companions. The only reason that they haven't actually been domesticated is that it's almost impossible to breed them in captivity.
No particular reason for this post I was just idly reading stuff and this caught my fancy. Pity I don't have a long enough garden for one to exercise in or live in a hot country. Bet you wouldn't get broken into either as a big cat would put the willies up any would be burglar.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Re: Worlds fastest pet
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »
They would be brilliant for hunting down and eating the yappy little white dogs my equally yappy and annoying next-door-neighbour but one owns.

I had high hopes of the local foxes in completing this task but so far they have failed me.

« Reply #2 on: 18 June, 2009, 04:36:49 pm »
I saw one have a go at some TV presenter once - but it did have Rabies. Amazingly he stood his ground and kicked it away I think. Got cut and needed a jab. I'll Google it - bound to be on YouTube or something...

[edit] disco! BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Rabid cheetah bites BBC presenter

« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2009, 06:00:10 pm »
They're the only member of the 'cat family' that hasn't got retractable claws. They really do wear running spikes.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup: