Author Topic: Titanium Loveliness has arrived - Updated and is now made up  (Read 12931 times)

Re: Titanium Loveliness has arrived - Updated and is now made up
« Reply #50 on: 30 July, 2009, 05:13:08 pm »
I still love my Etape. I was even considering selling the TCR - shock horror  ::-) ::-) :o :o

gonzo

« Reply #51 on: 30 July, 2009, 06:04:43 pm »
I still love my Etape. I was even considering selling the TCR - shock horror  ::-) ::-) :o :o

And to think, there was a time when you were considering ignoring my advice and going for some carbon tart of a bike!

« Reply #52 on: 30 July, 2009, 06:08:25 pm »

And to think, there was a time when you were considering ignoring my advice and going for some carbon tart of a bike!

I am man enough and honest enough to hold my hand up to that.  What are friends for though, if not to give advice, good advice when in need  :thumbsup:

« Reply #53 on: 31 July, 2009, 01:22:02 pm »
9 kg of titanium, carbon fibre, aluminium & stainless steel . . . .

Pictures on members bikes thread - Members' bikes

Rides like a dream, but I have to change that saddle. My old Brooks B17 narrow is comfortable, but heavy. What I really want is a titanium equivalent.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #54 on: 31 July, 2009, 02:25:02 pm »
Splendid.  Hope you have many happy miles together :)
Getting there...

« Reply #55 on: 31 July, 2009, 06:16:26 pm »
That looks very very nice.   :thumbsup:

I was not sure whether I wanted silver mudguards or black.  I have both as it turns out so may give the silver a run too  ;D

« Reply #56 on: 31 July, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »
That looks very very nice.   :thumbsup:

I was not sure whether I wanted silver mudguards or black.  I have both as it turns out so may give the silver a run too  ;D
It is. I've been out riding it today. Nothing serious, just playing around, trying it out. Light as a feather, goes like the clappers, can be thrown around with gay abandon. Lovely. Two and a half grand well spent. I met a friend on her way home from work & we stopped off at the Hobgoblin & admired the bike over a pint. It got Looks.  ;D And admiring comments about the welds.

I think I will move the pictures to the members bikes thread, where they should have been all along, & leave a link here.

I'm going to fit a rack, but it will be part-time. I'll have a saddlebag usually. I think a Barley . . .  The saddle will change to my old B17 narrow, while I look around for something lighter, but equally comfortable - if such a thing exists.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #57 on: 31 July, 2009, 10:02:30 pm »
I know what you mean about responsive though. I was amazed at how nice it felt when I stood up and really pushed down on the pedals.  It is the best money I have ever spent.  Glad you like yours too.  Best kept secret or what  ;D