Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 1783524 times)

Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #22175 on: May 17, 2020, 06:22:53 pm »
They've got country & western...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #22176 on: May 17, 2020, 10:34:21 pm »
Neighbour across the road.

Why why why why why do you have to:

(a) be out car-fondling so much (it's just a metal box lad not a p***s extension) and

(b) have loud tw***y "music" playing LOUDLY whilst you do it.

That's why cars will never be replaced by bikes for many people- their car is an "entertainment" centre.

When I am in charge, loud "music" will only be allowed to be played through headphones and cars will not be allowed "entertainment" systems. Train drivers aren't allowed to have music on in the cab (and phones off) because of distraction so there's a good logical argument for it  :smug:

Even better, we should divide the population into "noisy" and "quiet" types and put all the noisy ones together in one big cacophany whilst the rest of us listen to bird song and such like.

GC

Neighbour in the next street seems to think the weekly clapping is the right moment to treat us all to some music. So far the choices have been OK, but if I think they're OK then someone else must hate them.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #22177 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:24 am »
Hi PD,

There's a national thing amongst musicians to play something outside at the weekly 8pm clapping slot (allegedly to show support for the NHS) - my music teacher encouraged her pupils to participate.  I was asked to play Over the Rainbow on my sax.

« Reply #22178 on: May 18, 2020, 02:06:53 pm »
They've got country & western...
BOTH types of music?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #22179 on: May 18, 2020, 10:54:03 pm »
Hi PD,

There's a national thing amongst musicians to play something outside at the weekly 8pm clapping slot (allegedly to show support for the NHS) - my music teacher encouraged her pupils to participate.  I was asked to play Over the Rainbow on my sax.

Maybe I live round the corner from assorted disco stars who are self-isolating with the band and a decent PA then.  ;D