Author Topic: Bugging out for the Zombocalypse - S24O on Friday the thirteenth of June  (Read 82806 times)

Sorry Tim. I am bad.  :-[Thanks for being so decent.

Well, on the plus side, if you're cold overnight it won't be my fault for providing a naff sleeping bag. ;D ;)
Actually, it is rocket science.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Well, on the plus side, if you're cold overnight it won't be my fault for providing a naff sleeping bag. ;D ;)

If she gets cold I'll cuddle her....  ;D :P
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Is that a threat or a promise?  ;D

I just realised that I forgot to provide a link to the Bikely route that I put up.

Regulator

Is where you've marked the entrance actually the entrance to the farm?  When I put in the post code, I got a different area, closer to Leith Hill?

Green Party Councillor

That's odd, I'm putting in RH5 5PA for the postcode, and on Google Maps, it seems to get to the same place that I've finished the route at (I'm not exactly sure where the entrance is, but somewhere near those farm buildings I assume).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Take a look at the OS map. The entrance appears to be in Abinger Road.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Ah, that looks plausible.

Charlotte's Gmap Pedometer route finished more or less where I put the end (although I did extend it into the field).  I assumed she knew where the entrance was, as she has visited it.

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
Off to join the survisors - lookout for Son & Father on the entrance to Clapham Common.

Please take pity.

Julian

• samoture
I hope we're planning to be slower than a slow thing.  My panniers weigh roughly the same as I do.

And I know that a litre and a half of Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon isn't strictly necessary, but it'll be useful for calming nerves in the event of the zombies attacking.

And I know that a litre and a half of Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon isn't strictly necessary, but it'll be useful for calming nerves in the event of the zombies attacking.

Oooh, glad you reminded me, I'll just wander off to the offie and get a couple of bottles of beer, purely as you say, for medicinal purposes. ;D

I think I'm the proverbial slow thing!

I don't have any alcohol, I couldn't take the weight penalty. I already look like a drunk on wheels every time I reach down to the DT shifters anyhow.

Julian

• samoture
You can share mine, Laura.

I'm not planning to drink all of it myself!  ;D

Well, I've just got a couple of bottles of St Peter's Organic Ale, so it's not going to have that much of a weight penalty (I'll probably forget that once we hit a hill!)

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
Hey, how did I miss this thread? It's not as if it's a short one.  Wish I'd caught it in time. Hope you enjoy ourselves anway and next time count me in too
     Jane

Weren't you meant to be in court in Birmingham Liz, and possibly joining us later?  Presumably that's no longer the case and you'll be helping to fend of the Zombies with the rest of us?

Having just been out in the garage to forcibly ram the new bag and mat into my empty pannier, it would have been a space penalty too! As in I have no more.

You might regret that offer Liz, I'm a lightweight if ever you saw one.

Tis a shame you missed it Jane, would have been nice to have you along.

Regulator

I'm bringing alcohol as well.  I am about to raid the wine cellar! ;D

Green Party Councillor

Julian

• samoture
Weren't you meant to be in court in Birmingham Liz, and possibly joining us later?  Presumably that's no longer the case and you'll be helping to fend of the Zombies with the rest of us?

I was in court in Birmingham and I got me adjourned so I am now on for a 6pm meet :D

Regulator

I hope we're planning to be slower than a slow thing.  My panniers weigh roughly the same as I do.

Tish and balderdash my dear.  A good red wine is essential during the zombie apocalypse.  Everyone knows that it acts as an antidote to a zombie bite!

Green Party Councillor

I was in court in Birmingham and I got me adjourned so I am now on for a 6pm meet :D

Do we sense that the judge also knows of the zombie apocalypse and needed to get home sharpish to his fortified manor house in darkest Worcestershire, there to hold off the shambling mob using his grandfathers shotgun whilst swigging the last of the port from the cellar?

Tish and balderdash my dear.  A good red wine is essential during the zombie apocalypse.  Everyone knows that it acts as an antidote to a zombie bite!

Damn, so my beer will be of no use, insofar as specifically helping against Zombies.  I'll just have to smack them over the head with the bottles.

Regulator

I think its the alcohol itself more than the type of alcohol.  Beer may help, but may not be as effective as red wine - thus giving you the perfect excuse to drink more!

Green Party Councillor

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
A word of warning: St. Peter's Organic Ale, if it's the one I think it is (and I put a post up about it in the Old Place but cannot be arsed to go and look) tastes uncommonly of horse poo.

Good luck with the Shiraz. It's a bit pointless me posting this now because you will all have gone.

I am sentenced to three C2H5OH-free days because my doctor has prescribed Metronidazole as the antibiotic to deal with the dreaded giardiasis.

What a total pain in the arse this all is. I may still make it to the WNBR tomorrow and possibly the Suffolk ride Sunday. It will be orange juice and lemonade for me.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.