Author Topic: I won the sprint.....  (Read 2366 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
I won the sprint.....
« on: 01 May, 2008, 11:24:13 am »
for the Stornoway 30mph limit sign at the end of last nights training run, beating the Islands 20 something yr old fast man in the process - was he peed off    ;)

There was a head wind, I forced him into going too early while I wound a gear up, then I manged to get onto his wheel, recovered and then kicked past him with 20-50 yards to go.  :demon:

To rub things in further I was on my 'audax' machine with guards and carrier  ;D

gonzo

Re: I won the sprint.....
« Reply #1 on: 01 May, 2008, 11:28:20 am »
;D

The only way that you learn is to have faster people beat you!

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2008, 11:37:16 am »
Jolly well done Windy  :D

You'll have to show up next week with a badly-packed saddlebag full of junk and beat him again  :demon:
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2008, 11:42:28 am »
Jolly well done Windy  :D

You'll have to show up next week with a badly-packed saddlebag full of junk and beat him again  :demon:

Once upon a time my grate frend gNick did an end-of-season 10, which he won comfortably, beating one R. Hammond into second place.  Those assembled at the finish were alarmed to see him extracting assorted bags of tools and stuffs from his "luggage", and from the stuffs then extract a packet of Regal, one of which he proceeded to light up with the great intake of breath of the nicotine addict who hasn't had a fix for at least half an hour.

The fact that while Mr. Hammond was riding a TT bike while gNick was in a fully-faired recumbent trike may have had something to do with it ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4 on: 01 May, 2008, 01:12:57 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 01 May, 2008, 09:38:04 pm »
Well done Windy! I know bugger all about cycle racing, but "forced him into going too early" sounds as though there was a bit of psychological pressure involved. An old head and all that.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #6 on: 01 May, 2008, 10:05:36 pm »
An old head indeed, it's not that I am faster, I just managed to out fox him. Mind you I'm paying for it today with aching knees, calves and thighs (we were pushing the last 5 miles). He's probably out blasting over the moors

« Reply #7 on: 02 May, 2008, 08:29:56 am »
An old head indeed, it's not that I am faster, I just managed to out fox him. Mind you I'm paying for it today with aching knees, calves and thighs (we were pushing the last 5 miles). He's probably out blasting over the moors

NEVER admit to any such thing!  :hand:
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse