Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 2021963 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #22125 on: October 09, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »
I gave the Moulton TSR its inaugural (to me) thrash.  All good except that the seat tube bottle cage is just in the wrong place for my knees, since I have taught myself to pedal with knees almost brushing the top tube of a conventional bike, racer-fashion.  It's going to need a bottle cage cantilevered behind the saddle, since the alternative set of bosses under the spaceframe is nigh-on inaccessible when riding.
Never tell me the odds.

slope

• Ride Fettle Ride
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #22126 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:45 am »
I gave the Moulton TSR its inaugural (to me) thrash.  All good except that the seat tube bottle cage is just in the wrong place for my knees, since I have taught myself to pedal with knees almost brushing the top tube of a conventional bike, racer-fashion.  It's going to need a bottle cage cantilevered behind the saddle, since the alternative set of bosses under the spaceframe is nigh-on inaccessible when riding.

Or you need  ;D a Campag biodynamica aero bottle and cage from the late 80s/early 90s?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #22127 on: October 10, 2018, 10:40:54 am »
I use an Arundel aero/TT bidon and cage on the seat tube of my current TSR. My previous Moulton indeed had a Biodynamica bidon. The underslung mount carries my spare tubes, tools etc.

I also have normal bidons mounted either side of the head tube. A couple of SS straps with 45 degree twists between upper and lower rack mounts are worthwhile for that.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #22128 on: October 10, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
Aprox 55 miles today out through maidenhead and along the pickers green road along cycle route 52 down to the  a4130 to Henley. I bought some lunch and water then  the a4155 for a mile before heading onto the lane's through Fawley , South end. , down to Fingest and on to Marlow  .the climb up winter Hill was soon behind me and then Cookham and Bourne end where I climbed up  kiln lane heading for Beaconsfield services. .just a couple of climbs bought me to stoke Poges and back to slough. .
A beautiful day for a potter   :)
the slower you go the more you see

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #22129 on: October 10, 2018, 08:05:14 pm »

Or you need  ;D a Campag biodynamica aero bottle and cage from the late 80s/early 90s?

That looks distinctly urological to me - does it come in cardboard too?

Rob

robgul

• HoECC & Cycle:End-to-End webmaster, S Warwickshire Bike Shop in Wellesbourne
  • . . cyclist, Cytech accredited, manages an LBS
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #22130 on: October 10, 2018, 08:07:28 pm »
About 30 miles in glorious weather - had to open up the shop for 20 minutes for a customer to collect a new bike but then on into the Warwickshire countryside and lunch at The Whore's Bed pub on the way home.

Rob

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #22131 on: October 10, 2018, 08:33:34 pm »
No, because barakta had a hospital appointment, so we used a 'bus'.   >:(
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22132 on: October 10, 2018, 09:14:04 pm »
Said "fuck off" to my cold and went for a planned gentle ride round my regular 25km loop. 

It was 19C, and I was in my summer gear in the middle of October :thumbsup:  And they say global warming's a myth  :P

I didn't seem to be working hard but still ended up with a 28.2km/h average.  Now coughing, sore throat and nursing a single malt
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #22133 on: October 13, 2018, 02:20:01 pm »
Today, a perfect 1% ride: 58.6 km and 586 metres climbed.  Only trouble is that I wanted to do >100 km but was still knackered from yesterday's strivings in workshop & garden.  I don't seem to recover overnight any more.
I dare eat all that may become a man.

But hold the oysters.

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #22134 on: October 13, 2018, 06:26:18 pm »
Just back from a ride.  Bike handling was a bit exciting, even on the unflappable Streetmachine.  Got hit with sticks twice, but avoided being conkered.  One instance of tree lying in the road (just enough room to squeeze a car over the leafy end), several of bits of tree at side of road and chainsaw detritus.  Saw a branch fall from a tree shortly after I rode under it in my mirror, like something out of a car advert.  And as previously discussed, all the leaves have indeed turned to chutney overnight.

Temperature was almost as ridiculous as the standard of car driving.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

« Reply #22135 on: October 13, 2018, 07:35:20 pm »
60km Burbage to Abingdon.  Nice ride, with an impressive tailwind.  Super warm (for the time of yr) almost over heating in shorts and s-sleeves.
"an inordinate fondness for beetles"

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22136 on: October 14, 2018, 10:16:30 am »
60km to Kings Lynn with a mostly tailwind, hairy crosswind bits, and very dry, starting out before sun-up on Friday to give me time to catch the train back and then run around manically for the rest of the day prepping for travel to SAudi first thing Saturday.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #22137 on: October 14, 2018, 10:27:49 am »
Torrential rain put paid to today's planned ride.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

rr

« Reply #22138 on: October 14, 2018, 03:54:14 pm »
Cross bike ramble around Essex, bagging Mini a Strava Queen of the Mountains.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #22139 on: October 14, 2018, 05:25:55 pm »
Yesterday an origami folders ride from Ely, 15 of us. The rain stopped before we started but the wind didn't. Going north through Littleport to Ten Mile Bank it more than helped, but then turning west the crosswind seemed to create as much drag as a headwind on our Moulton tandem. Had to limit the e-assist to try and conserve the batteries. We were down to 5mph sometimes. A great lunch at the Lamb and Flag in Welney restored us somewhat, but the ride back via Little Downham was hellish, never want to experience that again. About 30 miles in total, two exhausted batteries and riders.