Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 2306413 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #22800 on: January 07, 2020, 08:51:12 pm »
 :thumbsup:

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #22801 on: January 08, 2020, 10:21:44 am »
wonderful encounter of a weasel taking a field mouse - it was that windy I don't think it even knew I was there (and wouldn't understand the light)
A wild wild day to be out, ran with the wind for 20 mile then took 3¼ hours to get back (looking forward to my tea the night)

:thumbsup: indeed
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #22802 on: January 08, 2020, 10:38:37 am »
wonderful encounter of a weasel taking a field mouse - it was that windy I don't think it even knew I was there (and wouldn't understand the light)
A wild wild day to be out, ran with the wind for 20 mile then took 3¼ hours to get back (looking forward to my tea the night)

:thumbsup: indeed

must learn how to upload videos to the internet, it was more interesting than the screenshots - better still was my progress into the wind as I wobbled from side to side as though I had just sank 8 pints.

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #22803 on: January 08, 2020, 12:09:24 pm »
Great weasel action! By coincidence, I also saw a weasel on Saturday evening, but no photos (and I didn't see it catch anything).
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.

« Reply #22804 on: January 08, 2020, 12:23:35 pm »
I'm afraid the reference to the weasel means this post shouldn't be here. It should be moved to "lift the mustalid"

I'll get my coat.....

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #22805 on: January 08, 2020, 01:32:42 pm »
 :facepalm:

« Reply #22806 on: January 08, 2020, 03:38:19 pm »
First ride of the year and now suffering accordingly with cramping. Scary scary near miss by inches today due to a woman overtaking and cutting across me turning left at speed where I was heading straight on at a large roundabout. What the hell she was thinking, lord knows.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #22807 on: January 08, 2020, 04:56:24 pm »
What makes you think she was?

Drink lots.

« Reply #22808 on: January 12, 2020, 03:24:20 pm »
A short one today. Had the desire for a ride but no motivation and it's windy which apart from ice is my least favourite weather for riding in.

Made a route in head to head down towards the local canal {technically its a navigation) and cycle along that from one lock to the next as it would be into headwind but you can't go very fast along it anyway and then head home with tail wind

Plan went well for about the first 400metres of off road and then became so muddy when I gave up and turned to walk back to the road my back wheel was solid with mud between wheel/mudguards/brakes. Did about a mile on the road before then spent a good few minutes poking mud out

Then mostly sailed home. First ride of the year in shorts and knee warmers as opposed to winter tights and could have easily got away with just the shorts

Bikes going into work tomorrow for a wash

« Reply #22809 on: January 13, 2020, 06:50:16 pm »
A ride out to the North East Model Center today in order to buy some paints, ordinarily a 28 mile round trip however I thought that I would take the opportunity to ride though the newly opened Tyne Cycle Tunnel and make it a 36 mile trip instead.

I'll post some photo's of the tunnel later (or tomorrow) however its looking rather splendid now.  Only the rather small vertical lifts are functioning at the moment, I did ask the contractors working on the vernacular lifts and wooden escalators when they might be in service but they barely spoke a work of English unfortunately.       

« Reply #22810 on: January 19, 2020, 06:38:43 pm »
36 miles to Dinton pastures and back  via Windsor. With a friend. A nice gentle ride in the sunshine 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #22811 on: January 19, 2020, 06:50:12 pm »
Yes! What was meant to be a morning ride turned into a gone 3pm ride but I got out and managed 16 miles. Down into town, along the seafront to Pevensey Bay and then back through the park.

And this time Strava behaved itself and didn't record a bunch of nonsense miles.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22812 on: January 20, 2020, 02:08:09 pm »
cool weasel!

20-odd km today partly as a utility run to the physio, then the long way home, testing out the new brooks in the real world.  In a word - slidey.  Tweaked it a bit fore and aft and angle, will have a chance to test again on Wednesday.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #22813 on: January 20, 2020, 03:01:07 pm »
Cold, very windy 35k and the coffee shop was shut. One of those rides that are hell all the way but afterwards you're glad you went. Only I'd rather have stayed home and had an extra slice of Christmas bread.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22814 on: Today at 06:29:14 pm »
A rather bitty 77-ish km today, home to railway station, then finding my way around the diversions from the Cambridge Busway psycopath due to the A14 construction, making late for my appointment at Cyclecentric.  Best part of 40km test riding an Airnimal - very impressed, rides pretty much like my old MTB when I had Gatorskins on it, that same quick accelerating, nimble feel of a 26" wheel. Then back to Cambridge North and home again.  Around 60g carbs, and not quite enough fluids due to the broken-up nature of things.

Next task, get an order in, in time for my holibobs
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens