Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 2602530 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #24100 on: November 23, 2020, 07:29:51 pm »
Great photo Deano

+1

A chilly loop of the campsies on the tandem.  But we both enjoyed getting out, and not least the roll & sq sausage from The Hatch in Killearn.
Hud oan.
Roll And sausage?

That's suspiciously east coast logic.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Surely not. The first time I heard the construction “roll and sausage/cheese/bacon” was when I worked in Weir Pumps in Glasgow in the late ‘70’s.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #24101 on: November 26, 2020, 09:07:35 pm »
About 30 miles, mostly in the dark, cold and fog.  Lots of other cyclists out in the lanes around Lechlade.  Very thick fog on the Kempsford-Hannington road and a superb moon.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #24102 on: November 26, 2020, 11:12:59 pm »
every outing i do on a vintage bike it gets something upgraded (the most awkward/annoying part), i'm pretty certain at this rate only the frameset will remain unchanged :)

it fits me well, rides quite nice though and after i swap the saddle out, it'll be under 9kg - acceptable for a steel bike.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #24103 on: November 26, 2020, 11:51:41 pm »
Great photo Deano

+1

A chilly loop of the campsies on the tandem.  But we both enjoyed getting out, and not least the roll & sq sausage from The Hatch in Killearn.
Hud oan.
Roll And sausage?

Surely not. The first time I heard the construction “roll and sausage/cheese/bacon” was when I worked in Weir Pumps in Glasgow in the late ‘70’s.
The weegie is Roll ON sausage, totally nonsensical.

« Reply #24104 on: November 27, 2020, 08:52:49 am »
Hud oan.
Roll And sausage?

[/quote]
[/quote]The weegie is Roll ON sausage, totally nonsensical.
[/quote]

Not just Weegie, surely. As a native Fifer, I can still enjoy a piece on jam.

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
    • Snakehips' Bikes
« Reply #24105 on: November 27, 2020, 04:07:04 pm »
I planned to do a 20 miler in Richmond Park to bring up the 100 miles for the week and 500 miles for the month. Unfortunately I got a bad case of the  Raynaud's before I had even got the bike out, so I had to make do with an extremely painful 10 miles round the local streets. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Mustn't grumble in the circumstances .

« Reply #24106 on: November 27, 2020, 09:00:27 pm »
Just over 40km with 800m after work. It was cold towards the end, -1 according to the Garmin. Should've brought the big gloves.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #24107 on: November 27, 2020, 09:03:30 pm »
A bit over a mile, on the trike to pick up some food cooked by others, which is a treat.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #24108 on: November 27, 2020, 09:11:52 pm »
My usual Friday afternoon 20 miler. Cold - average of 1 according to the Garmin - with fog and a light northerly breeze. 15 minutes of cold face, 20 of cold fingers and from the hour mark cold toes. Hey ho.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #24109 on: Yesterday at 10:28:42 am »
looking out at the foggy, damp Fens this morning, and greasy road surfaces, with a surefire need to clean the bike afterwards, I have a severe case of CBA and will go on the turbo instead.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #24110 on: Yesterday at 06:09:34 pm »
Felt like the first proper winter ride today - grey all day, a couple of hours of cold rain, and the temperature hovering just above freezing. Grotty, gritty stuff, but I had a good loop of a few favourite tracks around Teesdale, and back through Barnie and Whorlton.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #24111 on: Yesterday at 06:15:32 pm »
Froze my fingers off filming this.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...