Author Topic: Post a photo of your bike and a ferry.  (Read 31830 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - a Pacific bike ride
Re: Post a photo of your bike and a ferry.
« Reply #250 on: Today at 11:25:49 am »
My bike on board the Batumi - Odessa crossing.  My task for the next 36 hours is to track down the owner of the Thorn
with the Brooks and the Warmshowers stickers - somewhere we have another cyclist on board and he's almost certainly British.

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #251 on: Today at 11:27:21 am »
What's more, the two of you appear to have identical taste in rear racks (bar colour)! Enjoy Ukraine.
An ungovernable laughter, a joyous agitation which makes the summer stretching before you seem like an unrolling canvas on which you might draw those first rude pure strokes that are free. (Capote)

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #252 on: Today at 11:43:50 am »
"He" could be a "she"!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - a Pacific bike ride
« Reply #253 on: Today at 11:58:57 am »
He could be a she, but I'm guessing not based on the geometry of the bike.  I've been keeping an eye out for any telltale tan lines or bike brands among the truckers at lunch aboard, but haven't seen any.  I certainly haven't seen any 6' when though, so am working on the assumption that he is a he.

Whoever s/he is, his/her taste in rear racks is indeed impeccable.

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #254 on: Today at 12:08:53 pm »
He could be a she, but I'm guessing not based on the geometry of the bike.  I've been keeping an eye out for any telltale tan lines or bike brands among the truckers at lunch aboard, but haven't seen any.  I certainly haven't seen any 6' when though, so am working on the assumption that he is a he.

Whoever s/he is, his/her taste in rear racks is indeed impeccable.

Intriguing!  I'm hoping there's a element of romance in this situation, the story could make an excellent blockbuster, "Sleepless on the Black Sea"!  Who would you like to play you?

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #255 on: Today at 12:12:21 pm »

Don't look up look down: Check the shoes.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #256 on: Today at 12:21:54 pm »

Don't look up look down: Check the shoes.

That's going to work well for the blockbuster: camera pans along the floor and stops when it finds a pair of cycling shoes, battered and dusty from many miles hammering across a 'stan.  The camera pans up to reveal that person of Karla's dreams, romance blossoms, the rest is history...  ;D