Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1767954 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11325 on: 11 October, 2017, 05:13:05 pm »
I'm 50/50 as to if I shall be a wheel tonight.... ankle issue that I thought was OK after last nights ride isn't getting better.... perhaps it needs a rest from today's walking around London...  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11326 on: 11 October, 2017, 05:40:51 pm »
I was contemplating getting across tonight even though it is outside my zone by a fair margin, but the prospect of a rather busy day tomorrow has put some sense into my head.

I'll be along next week or the week after though, as I think there's a proposed venue slightly closer to the centre of mid-Essex. I have an interesting little gadget that might appeal to one of our more svelte colleagues, for a small cash sum.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11327 on: 11 October, 2017, 05:46:16 pm »
The mind boggles. Can your gadget be charged from a dynohub?

« Reply #11328 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:13:33 pm »
The mind boggles. Can your gadget be charged from a dynohub?

No.

By the way, I am using the Cambridge dictionary definition of gadget, which is roughly "a small device or machine with a particular purpose".

The definition of 'device' that I use is "a thing made or adapted for a particular purpose, especially a piece of mechanical or electronic equipment". Note the use of the word 'especially', which implies it doesn't have to be either mechanical or electronic.

Does that make it clearer  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11329 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:18:39 pm »
I was contemplating getting across tonight even though it is outside my zone by a fair margin, but the prospect of a rather busy day tomorrow has put some sense into my head.

I'll be along next week or the week after though, as I think there's a proposed venue slightly closer to the centre of mid-Essex. I have an interesting little gadget that might appeal to one of our more svelte colleagues, for a small cash sum.

Kings Head, Tollesbury next week, Halloween Beer Fest, Compasses (Chelmsford) week after....

I'm working on a new gadget too... backup GPS recorder

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11330 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:36:34 pm »

After the prototyping stage, will you shrink it to matchbox size? I think there's a ready market out there.

« Reply #11331 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:42:14 pm »
jibers the FORWARD PLANNING Commander indicates we might go to the Blue Boar, Maldon tomorrow evening.  My attendance might get interfered with by work but just in case I have diddled up a suggested route for the Witham peloton which you will find HERE.

I'm planning to intercept the peloton around church road/chappel lane.  I'll be travelling in the opposite direction from riffhams after about 8:00pm

GS
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #11332 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:52:13 pm »
I'm skipping tonight....too tired....seems a new job is not the same as a holiday. Ah well...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11333 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:53:35 pm »
Yes, matchbox size, but quite expensive I'm afraid, circa £60 (with own GPS module, which makes it a bit bigger) or £100 (with dedicated GPS module) but all with no enclosure.. but only be circa w20xd20xh45mm 

I am in two minds whether to take it any further, though it would provide a convenient fit and forget GPS logger as long as you remember to ensure it's charged up (which it could to automatically off the dyno) and only be limited if you couldn't get a GPS signal or ran out of storage on the SD card (4GB would take a long long time to fill!)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11334 on: 11 October, 2017, 08:10:23 pm »
Despite an effort to retire after taking redundancy from my current job ive managed to get a new job with hopefully better hours so should out more often from mid November. A severe lack of miles recently will limit me to the closer reaches to start with.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11335 on: 12 October, 2017, 12:18:01 am »
Nice one Johnny!  It’s all going very well and we have all signed The Pledge so nothing bad will happen to you on a Wednesday evening.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11336 on: 12 October, 2017, 12:36:15 am »
what Pledge was that?? Did I miss something in the Pickled Egg Ceremony???
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11337 on: 12 October, 2017, 01:43:34 am »

After the prototyping stage, will you shrink it to matchbox size? I think there's a ready market out there.

At the rate you two are buying GPS devices, you must be 90% of the market on your own. If you buy jibers tracker and take a backhander you might both be millionaires by next week.

« Reply #11338 on: 12 October, 2017, 08:05:19 am »
I'm not scared honest. Although your offer/threat to stop dressing as a woman can only be seen as a good thing.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11339 on: 13 October, 2017, 05:22:08 pm »
I found myself wondering where jibers had in mind for us next Wednesday; the King's Head, Tollesbury it seems.  The Witham peloton already has a ROUTE in the archives.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11340 on: 13 October, 2017, 05:49:41 pm »
I found myself wondering where jibers had in mind for us next Wednesday; the King's Head, Tollesbury it seems.  The Witham peloton already has a ROUTE in the archives.
Not me this week, I appear to be busy in That London doing this.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11341 on: 13 October, 2017, 05:55:28 pm »
Blimey!  You REALLY do need to get out more!

« Reply #11342 on: 13 October, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »
If you do it from the pub after a kouple of pints you might even enjoy it.  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11343 on: 13 October, 2017, 06:16:17 pm »
If you do it from the pub after a kouple of pints you might even enjoy it.  :thumbsup:
I'm only going for the beer, just need to try not to enjoy too much before speaking ::-) plenty of time after to sample lots more

« Reply #11344 on: 13 October, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »

I think you should puff up your hair like Ana Man

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11345 on: 13 October, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »
I'm only going for the beer, just need to try not to enjoy too much before speaking ::-) plenty of time after to sample lots more

Oh you’re speaking?!?  My best public speaking tip I can give you is make sure your flies are done up before you go on stage. And always finish with a song.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11346 on: 16 October, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »
Kings Head Tollesbury - I'm up for a long trek and have re-arranged work for an easy day on Thursday. I'll come straight over on Wednesday evening and meet at Spa road.  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11347 on: 16 October, 2017, 08:34:02 pm »
Top banana!

« Reply #11348 on: 18 October, 2017, 11:04:35 am »
Do we have a route for tonight?  Work is a bit busy so I'm trying to see if I join at Spa road, intercept on route, or go d*!%ct to the pub?

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11349 on: 18 October, 2017, 11:12:07 am »
Do we have a route for tonight?  Work is a bit busy so I'm trying to see if I join at Spa road, intercept on route, or go d*!%ct to the pub?

Do try to keep up...  ::-) ;D