Author Topic: Tredz.co.uk  (Read 23026 times)

finch

• Hair today gone tomorrow
    • Comicpictures
Tredz.co.uk
« on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:45 am »
These boys run a proper bike shop , I ordered a bike from them recently and they have called and e-mailled me a total of four times already since saturday . They know what they are talking about and when they told me it could take a week or two to get the bike to me they offered to spec an alternative and "make" it exactly the same price . I don't even have the bike yet but I'm totally bowled over by the service - Polar opposite of bonthrone it seems  ;)

Re: Tredz.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:21 am »
They are a very friendly and enthusiastic bunch.  They often take their van to Cwmcarn at the weekend to support the gravity types.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:55:50 am »
Excellent web service from these guys.

There was a very slight delay in getting a new pump to me - but they kept me posted on progress by email. Arrived today in spite of the snow and ice. Free baseball cap included!

Very competitive on price. Recommended.
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:16 am »
My LBS, have improved leaps and bounds over the past 6 months! (Corresponding with a high turnover of staff - more enthusiasts there now - they will talk to bearded Audax types rather than just the hipsters...) :thumbsup:

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »
Came up trumps again this week.

The Bike Thong (at sale price) I ordered was out of stock and not available for at least six weeks.

The called me to explain the situation, and offered a more expensive CycleOps one instead.

It was a nice surprise when it turned up with a bill for the original amount I would have paid.

Well done guys!
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:22:17 am »
Their website is not very helpful at specifying whether or not they actually have stock. Ordered a couple of bits last week, and then had to wait a few days for them to get it from the supplier. And then it was posted second class.
So pretty cheap for most things, but a bit slow.

The Mechanic

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:55 am »
+1 I have bought a few items from them.  The are not the fastest at delivery but do tell you if the item is not in stock.  Prices are up and down depending on what you want but generally a first class outfit.  Recommended

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:50:29 pm »
Used several times without issue  :thumbsup:
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:10 pm »
I ordered some pedals from them on Friday evening and they've arrived today. That's quick enough for me, though I'm sure some are faster. Royal Mail 2nd class, which seems sensible to me - save money on postage and offer cheaper prices. In the original box, too! And my bank account indicates they didn't take the money till Monday, which is presumably when they dispatched them - I've heard of some places taking the payment in advance even if they don't have it in stock. All in all, I'm happy.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:00:45 pm »
Tredz are one of the few places that do not take your money until dispatch.

Their communication is appalling though.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
I recently had to wait 7 days for for a couple of small items, not exactly quick, they seem to have a quick turn over of staff (in the Llansamlet
(Swansea) branch) though. I always look elsewhere before ordering stuff off them due to their lack of speed on deliveries

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 02:40:57 pm »

Their communication is appalling though.
Communication doesn't become a problem until there's already another problem, I think. I had an email confirming the order and then a few days later it arrived. No problem and no other communication needed. If something goes wrong - the item doesn't turn up or is damaged, say - then communication becomes important. What Tredz would do in that situation I don't know, but it's best to avoid those things happening in the first place!
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 02:46:56 pm »
Yes fair point Cudzo, but if you are ordering $LARGE amounts of bike bits then you should expect more than a "we have your order email" then a long wait trying to guess when it will arrive.

To be fair though, the last order I placed, there was an issue with it (website said they had stock but they weren't expecting any more until after christmas) and the emailed me to tell me.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »
They are my regular supplier of Spesh Bar Phat tape, of which I seem to have ordered an epic quantity in the past 12 months. They also sell Hope lights at a very good price. So far (touch wood) I've never had to wait long for my order to arrive  :thumbsup:

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
Just bought a Topeak tri-bag from the Ebay store - arrived in Herts from Wales within 21 hours of clicking through PayPal - impressive

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
Why are they advertising an item as for sale that's discontinued by the manufacturer?

Why don't they answer their emails?

Is online retail really so difficult?
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »
Quote from: tredz-on-ebay
Dear fboab-on-ebay,

Hi fboab,

Unfortunately, we have sold out of the $LOVELY ITEM you have ordered with us via Ebay and are not getting any more as our supplier has now discontinued them. As an alternative we can offer you the $FUGLY REPLACEMENT shown below which is £44.99. It is a larger bag but is the closest we could find as $SHINY have not yet produced a direct replacement for the $ITEM.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/LInk.to.fugly.thing.htm

We are really embarrassed about this and are looking into why the stock feed to Ebay appeared to be incorrect.

Regardless of our IT snags, we’d honestly like to make you a happy customer. With that in mind could you please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Again, huge and genuine apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,
Ian
Tredz Customer Services

- tredz_bikes

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Quote from:  fboab-on-ebay
That's really quite irritating.
No, I don't want the replacement you offer, I want the $LOVELY bag.

I really think there's something wrong when you're advertising something for sale that you don't actually have. Would you like to buy this bridge I have here? It's a very attractive souvenir of London. And then when you pay me for it, actually no, I don't have the Tower bridge after all.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, after all, when I tried to order a Bell Sweep helmet from your website you didn't have any of those, either.

Grrr.

fboab

TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 08:22:06 pm »
Though I did order a couple of those Leonardo Delta bike hook thingies the other day about 3pm and they arrived the next morning...

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
I found their delivery times for the free shipping service a bit irritating, given the standard of other UK online suppliers. I have placed two orders with them and they both took more than 1 week to get to London. No email exchange to inform when/if the items were delivered. They tend to be the cheapest ones on some things, and that's why I've used them.

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »
They used one of my images on their website without permission. When I asked for a discount on an item as recompense they offered a measly 15% off RRP. I then invoiced them for the use of the image which will cost them a great deal more. Should they not pay I intend to force payment through the SCC with the help of the MPA.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
I've just had an email from them informing me that an item I ordered is out of stock until November.

I've suggested they substitute it for a similar item.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 10:09:37 am »
Ordered an obsolete front mech from them on a Friday as they were the only online retailer showing they had stock.
Chased it with a phone call on the Monday.
'No we don't have one - but the distributor is showing stock so we'll order one in for you'
 ::-) Here we go.... I thought.
A further call on the Wednesday, I was informed they had it and it would be posted that day.
Front mech arrived on the Friday.

Does-as-it-says-on-the-tin service, which I'm not disappointed with.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:20 pm »

Not with me they didn't.

I ordered some tyres last weekend - hoping to have them here by this weekend, as they were advertised as in stock.

They sent an e-mail on Tuesday to say they were out of stock and they were waiting a couple of days for the tyres to be sent by their supplier, and they expected the tyres would be with me by the end of the week.

No further communication, no tyres, and I've just checked my credit card, and they've already taken the payment.

All a bit crap, really.

Woofage

• Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 01:07:54 pm »

Not with me they didn't.

I ordered some tyres last weekend - hoping to have them here by this weekend, as they were advertised as in stock.

They sent an e-mail on Tuesday to say they were out of stock and they were waiting a couple of days for the tyres to be sent by their supplier, and they expected the tyres would be with me by the end of the week.

No further communication, no tyres, and I've just checked my credit card, and they've already taken the payment.

All a bit crap, really.

Are you sure this isn't just the shadow on your account? When buying on-line the card will be pre-authorised at the time of purchase for the amount of the purchase but the money won't be taken. Different banks each have their own way of showing this which can be confusing. One thing will be common though: you can't spend this "money" again.

I can't contribute much else to this thread as I've only used Tredz once and everything went fine.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »
Nope, it's showing on the balance.