Author Topic: Tredz.co.uk  (Read 17126 times)

Woofage

• Ain't no hooves on my bike.
Re: Tredz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 01:23:00 pm »
Nope, it's showing on the balance.

But does the transaction show? It may show as a reduced balance as you can't spend that money twice. However, the funds may have not actually been transferred to the vendor's account.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 01:27:41 pm »
It's money I will have to pay back. I can't think of any other ways to check.

I don't think it's actively dishonest: as I said, just a bit crap.

Woofage

• Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 02:01:51 pm »
I just checked and Tredz uses SagePay as their payment system provider. I am very familiar with this system. At the time of ordering, the customer's account is pre-authorised for the amount of the transaction but payment won't be cleared until later (it means you can't spend this money again). Only after being cleared will be vendor be paid and the transaction appear as a payment on the customer's account. If the payment is not cleared (and not cancelled) the "shadow" disappears after one month. How the customer's bank chooses to display this information is another matter.

Of course, Tredz could be using their system in a different way in which case you can ignore the above.

Banks are a bit naughty when it comes to CC payments. Remember the cheque clearance period when your money disappeared? Well, they still do this with CC refunds. I a vendor refunds a customer's CC, the vendor pays straight away but the customer does not receive the money for several days. Not a lot of people know that. It therefore doesn't surprise me that those same banks might be a bit crap in the way that they show and deal with payment shadows.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 02:40:59 pm »
Ta for the explanation, Woofage. On my statement it just looks like any other transaction, which, as you say, may be down to the bank more than the retailer.

That hasn't annoyed me any more than anything else about this, really. They've created their own problems by raising my expectations unrealistically. The tyres weren't in stock when they said they were, and they haven't been delivered to me yet, when they specifically said they should be with me by the end of the week, and I haven't heard anything from Tredz since then.

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 11:09:11 am »
Update: the tyres are here.

They were delivered on Monday, but left with the neighbour.

That probably explains why the payment had been taken - the tyres had been delivered.

Not too bad on the whole, except for the arse-about-face communications. It took prodding with an e-mail to get them to tell me they'd delivered the tyres.

Hillbilly

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 04:43:13 pm »
Ordered some bits and bobs.  Decent prices, good site, but (there's always a but):

- Items shown as in stock were out of stock.  They called to offer an acceptable substitute (600ml bottles rather than 750ml bottles, so no biggie)
- No automated email to update on order status when despatched
- No ability to check on order status on website
- Responded quickly to an email message about whether item has been despatched (it has, apparently on its way)

It's been 7 working days since I ordered, 5 if you count from when they contacted me about the stock situation.  This strikes me as relatively slow to the likes of Wiggle and CRC (who are my goto online retailers for generic stuff).

A retailer that strikes me as having the right aspirations as an online retailer, but not quite there yet.

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 09:16:10 pm »
I think they're not and never have been the people to go to if you're in a hurry, but apart from that are pretty reliable and decently priced.
The earth is vast and beautiful and contains many miraculous places. (Chekhov)

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »
I sometimes despair of British industry.  Retailers are no better.  I ordered a torque wrench from Tredz last week.  I phoned them and asked if I could change the delivery address to my office.  No probs and despatch email duly came with new delivery address.  Item was delivered to my house this morning.  Hey Ho!

No complaints about the service otherwise.  And they are very friendly on the phone so I will still give them a stamp of approval.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 11:25:57 pm »
Wheel ordered Saturday 27.12.14. E-mail 29.12.14 saying there'd been a delay, they were out of stock, & it should arrive next week. Delivered today.  ???

I'm not complaining, just wondering what's going on.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »
My Tredz order arrived today with 2 packets of Haribo  ;D They are the sugar covered fizzy ones too!

Some Spesh bar phat tape and Spesh insoles were the actual order  :thumbsup:

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »
Yeah, we had some of those.

Mrs B's happy with the wheel, BTW.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »
My Tredz order arrived today with 2 packets of Haribo  ;D They are the sugar covered fizzy ones too!

Some Spesh bar phat tape and Spesh insoles were the actual order  :thumbsup:

What is it with bike retailers and haribo? Don't they know ALL cyclists are yoghurt-weaving vegetarian eco-warriors?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 07:40:08 pm »
Another good priced & promptly despatched order. Two tyres, with added Haribo. So far their service has been impeccable.

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2015, 12:04:21 pm »
I've used Tredz quote often but don't recall receiving Haribo, perhaps it's a new thing.

Our cat did like the playhouse the goods were despatched in though  :)
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »
Yeah, the box which held the tyres has instructions for turning it into a pet house.

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 02:37:35 pm »
Ordered from them yesterday (got a five pound discount and the offer of interest free credit as well....). The item was marked as being out of stock but on order. I wasn't in a rush for the item as its for my "summer bike." However, the price was extremely good so I ordered.

Much to my surprise, my order arrived this morning!  ;D

Excellent service. However, I now have to explain to CBH why I have been spending more money on cycling!

CAMRAMan

• Formerly A Warwickshire Lad
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 12:41:22 pm »
Hmm, a mixed bag:

The mudguards I ordered arrived today, very promptly. The Alfine shifter I ordered at the same time didn't show up, so I called them. Not the best of calls, although polite. Not in stock, so I'll have to wait, probably, until next Tuesday - when I'm not here! I wouldn't mind so much if they'd taken the trouble to tell me this, as it doesn't meet their 7 working days delivery criterion. The same thing happened the last time I used them. The prices are great, but now my build will be delayed as a result.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
Ordered a pair of overshoes. Upon their first wearing, the zip broke and the item was promptly returned.

Obtaining a replacement was very slow.  It took two e-mails and then a phone call to obtain a response.
KIDDERMINSTER KILLER AND CLEE AUDAX, 20th July 2019; SOUTH SALOPIAN, 5th Oct 2019. http://beaconrcc.org.uk/audaxes/

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »
I bought a bike from them. It showed as in stock on the website when I ordered, but lo and behold the "had to get it from their supplier". To be fair, it only took a week to turn up and it arrived on the day they said it would.

One slight wrinkle is that they insist they can only send items bought on finance to your home address and not work which seems a bit non sensical if you're having a big box marked "Steal me, I'm a new bike" to an empty house. When I bought my other bike from Wiggle using the same finance company it arrived at work without any questions asked.

Otherwise, the set up was only OK and definitely not as good as Wiggle. Tredz don't seem to tension the headset, which is a shame because they'd set it up in such a way that I had to take it to the LBS to make it work. The LBS put a little spacer on top of the stem and under the cap because the headset cap was hitting the top of the nut before the headset tightened which resulted in the forks being loose no matter how much you tightened the headset bolt.

Wiggle not only did the headset but also made a decent stab at setting the saddle height which was a nice touch. In fact I only had to adjust the angle and fore and aft positioning.

So, Tredz won't be my first port of call in the future but I'm happy that my bike is now spot on :)
Tandem Stoker, CX bike abuser (slicks and tarmac) and owner of a sadly neglected MTB.

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2016, 07:53:47 am »
I bought a bike from them. It showed as in stock on the website when I ordered, but lo and behold the "had to get it from their supplier". To be fair, it only took a week to turn up and it arrived on the day they said it would.

This is the usual system with bikes these days. The importers keep the stock, and retailers order from that stock. It's more efficient in terms of space and investment. Otherwise, shop A might have a particular size in the shop for ages, whilst another shop might need that size. With quick delivery processes it works well. Some shops are very open and say " with our suppliers, available in 2 days" etc -Sigma Sport is one for instance.

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2017, 09:38:41 pm »
The sweetie wars have begun!  My Trendz order arrived today with three small packets of Haribos!

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 11:23:11 pm »
I've had three orders from Tredz recently and they have all had a packet of Haribos in them.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 03:42:33 am »
Recently put in a sizeable order with Tredz for £1k worth of kit using a cycle to work scheme voucher.
Noticed after a couple of days that the expected delivery date was in December! This was due to one item being out of stock (when the site said it was in stock) and the entire order automatically defaulting to dispatch on the date it would be available. To be fair, this was sorted after a quick phone call, and I quickly received all the in stock items. Unfortunately however, the crazily expensive bib tights (Castelli Nanoflex Pro) arrived with a manufacturing defect (right shoulder strap sewn in with a twist in it) and the similarly pricey shorts (Castelli Premio) had no tags and were clearly someone else's returns! To be fair, these would have gone back anyway; Castelli's sizing is ludicrously small!

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 09:01:44 am »
Each of my last 3 Tredz orders have been held up in the same way.  They show an item as being in stock when you place the order but an email arrives the next day saying they need to come from the supplier so there will be a delay of x days/weeks. 

I think this must be their business model - not hold much stock.  Generally it doesn't bother me but if I needed something in a hurry I'd probably go elsewhere.

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 01:11:13 pm »
Used them a few times over the last couple of years without issue, then last week then a failed delivery, emailed Sunday while I had the time, surprised to get a reply same day, sorted Monday and delivered Tuesday, pretty impressed with that.