Author Topic: Tredz.co.uk  (Read 23025 times)

Re: Tredz.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2018, 10:19:28 am »
Has anyone used them recently?

Do they use Royal Mail or a courier for non-folding tyres?

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2018, 03:01:06 pm »
Hermes, I think
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2018, 04:18:54 pm »
Thanks. That's not ideal but it looks like they will deliver to a "delivery address" which can be different from the billing address, even on the first order.

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2018, 09:29:38 am »
My Tredz order came via DX a few days ago – but then I did pay for next day delivery.

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 06:31:50 pm »
They left mine outside by the back door. No idea who delivered it, but I don't think Royal Mail would have had the wit to do that.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Woofage

• Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2020, 11:22:50 am »
Thread resurrection.

I was browsing for some stuff recently and checked some Ts&Cs on their website (I'm one of those sad people...). Lo and behold Tredz is owned by Halfords :o. Probably won't shop there again.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2020, 12:02:37 pm »
Yup. Stopped using them ages ago. They have a weird stock holding policy, where they don’t actually hold stock! (Which to an accountant makes good sense) and then the individual suppliers send you the item. It can take forever or not at all and communication between everyone is dreadful. So its business model doesn’t work for a customer driven operation.

I was let down too many times and stick to Spa and SJS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2020, 08:47:49 pm »
Halfords bought them up a few years ago (as well as Wheelies).

Seems not much has changed, still rubbish at having things in stock. But usually pretty cheap.

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2020, 09:17:45 pm »
I quite like them, but then again I am welsh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2020, 10:22:55 am »
If you buy a bike from them, it will be delivered by Hermes in an extremely flimsy box with no internal supports. I'd recommend inspecting the bike carefully before signing for it, especially if the box shows signs of damage, which it will.

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
They still seem to make fewer mistakes (as in sending you the wrong item) than Evans.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2020, 04:35:45 pm »
Now Halfords say they are scrapping Cycle Republic, and investing more in Tredz instead.
https://www.bikebiz.com/cycle-republic-and-boardman-performance-centre-set-to-close-following-halfords-proposal/

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 07:56:59 pm »
Halfords were doing deals on turbo trainers just before the semi lockdown, saved £300 on an Elite Drivo 2. Now everyone is charging full price, should have bought an XL mat at the same time😩. Turbo arrived next day.😁. They must be kicking themselves for not seeing what was happening.