Author Topic: Wearing a watch  (Read 66093 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Wearing a watch
« Reply #550 on: August 05, 2019, 08:30:00 pm »

That looks like it might make a worthy successor to my old G-Shock which firstly forgot how to cope with BST and then died altogether.  At the moment I'm back using a near forty year old Seiko which doesn't change date at the right time any more.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #551 on: August 05, 2019, 08:34:07 pm »
Good travelling watch as well as it does World Time. Press the top two buttons together and it swaps between two selected timezones. The hands and the digital display basically swap. When you get back to your home timezone do it again and they swap back. It has DST as well.

What I want is the functions of the Casio in a watch that looks like the Timex (plus a small digital display obviously).
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #552 on: August 05, 2019, 09:22:46 pm »
Just crossed the Mega-Global Big River Corporation of Seattle USAnia's palm with silver plastic.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Martin

• Give me bas relief
« Reply #553 on: August 09, 2019, 01:23:41 pm »
I'm one of those people for whom mechanical watches die (automatics are OK but lose too much time) and battery watches run out after about 2 weeks after having replaced the original.

I have a Seiko Kinetic which is fab but too expensive to wear out cycling and a Citizen Eco-Drive, both keep perfick time