Author Topic: On the commute today  (Read 1508039 times)

Re: On the commute today
« Reply #21000 on: March 15, 2020, 07:23:41 am »
Is there a punchline I missed?

« Reply #21001 on: March 15, 2020, 08:00:18 am »

"Sorry pal !!  I was too close."

:-)

Yes, normally 'patting the wing' would be expected to initiate extended spontaneous combustion.  Alien visitor?
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.

« Reply #21002 on: March 15, 2020, 09:44:53 am »
Maybe a cyclist?

« Reply #21003 on: March 29, 2020, 10:11:21 pm »
Riding home from work today  there were hardly any cars to be seen, there were however rather a lot of cyclists around, every single one except me was riding on the pavement dispite roads being completely empty.  People who seldom ride making the most of their officially sanctioned exersise time i guess, though why they all keep away from the empty roads boggles me a bit.

Guy

• You can trust me - I work for the government
« Reply #21004 on: March 30, 2020, 09:04:27 am »
Roads are for cars, innit.

My commutes both ways have been absolute heaven. Fewer dog-walkers and joggers than usual in the mornings, and cars? what are they? both ways! Y'know, I could get used to this :)
What duck?

« Reply #21005 on: March 31, 2020, 06:39:22 am »
Roads are for cars, innit.

My commutes both ways have been absolute heaven. Fewer dog-walkers and joggers than usual in the mornings, and cars? what are they? both ways! Y'know, I could get used to this :)
👍

Guy

• You can trust me - I work for the government
« Reply #21006 on: April 02, 2020, 08:49:20 am »
I saw a car this morning! It was blue.
What duck?

« Reply #21007 on: April 02, 2020, 10:56:24 am »
Plenty cars here.   Roads not busy but still plenty.   I just realised mine has been unlocked on the driveway for about a couple of weeks.    Hope the fact the alarm isn’t armed saves a wee bit of battery

« Reply #21008 on: April 02, 2020, 11:11:43 am »
Modern cars shut down more systems with the alarm set, hence conserve the battery better.

Intelligent chargers discussed in another thread somewhere....

« Reply #21009 on: April 02, 2020, 11:12:36 am »
Hope the fact the alarm isn’t armed saves a wee bit of battery

But other systems may well be live in expectation of starting up. Best to lock it and all that's live then is the alarm.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #21010 on: April 02, 2020, 09:08:39 pm »
First cycle commute for almost a year, to the new office we brought online recently. It's only about 10 miles each way, so a good distance for a no-brainer use-the-bike commute like I used to have. Head office is 40 miles each way, so whilst I did that from time to time it just took too long to do it every day (at peak I was doing it three times a week).

It was lovely out on the roads. Almost no traffic, and without exception everything I did see was very patient and courteous.

Had a slight issue where my pass didn't work on the cycle gate to site (how awesome is that? The corner of the site closest to me has a bear-trap type gate specifically for bicycle access) but security sorted that out for this evening. When I went to check out why it hadn't worked, the guard said that they'd seen me having trouble and had come out to help, but I'd given up and ridden round to the main entrance. Good commuting distance, helpful guards, showers, safe to leave a bike there, I'm a happy bunny!