Author Topic: On the commute today  (Read 1595048 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: On the commute today
« Reply #21025 on: July 30, 2020, 12:10:02 am »
That sort of thing is a de-facto invitation to a Silly Commuter Race.  See FNRttS threads passim.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #21026 on: July 30, 2020, 02:47:07 pm »
I miss my commute. 

I built up a very nice ti croix de fer as a new commuter and managed about 4 commutes before lockdown.  We've since been told this is the new norm. :(

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #21027 on: July 30, 2020, 08:15:07 pm »
Mrs P has been making me get up for a ~hour long 'commute' in the mornings. I get a reprieve if it's raining or too windy.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #21028 on: July 31, 2020, 08:55:26 pm »
Mrs P has been making me get up for a ~hour long 'commute' in the mornings. I get a reprieve if it's raining or too windy.

That's quite a sensible precaution against Covid Tum, that I should have and will endeavour to emulate.
Reasonably Inconsiderate

« Reply #21029 on: August 02, 2020, 11:54:13 pm »

:thumbsup:
I managed to do something similar in 2018 when I was contracting from home.  I seem to be crap at getting up earlier than about half 7 these days.

« Reply #21030 on: August 07, 2020, 08:59:11 pm »
I've been really enjoying what they've done to Bedford Hill in Balham recently. They've pedestrianised the section of road between the pub and the high road. All the restaurants have out their tables on the road and it's just a wonderful atmosphere. The fact that you can still bike straight through the middle of it is great.