Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 522061 times)

Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #9000 on: July 05, 2020, 12:10:07 am »
We've just watched Eurovision on the strength of the BBC review. Good fun :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53217853

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #9001 on: July 05, 2020, 09:13:22 am »
My son has a habit of digging up kiddie flicks we watched together when he was small and sending them to us in the belief that we'll enjoy them now that he's pushing 50.  He then checks up a week later to make sure we've watched them.  He's quite intelligent otherwise, and a decent mathematician with it (maybe that explains it).

Anyway, this time it was a remake of Krabat, a rather nasty tale of sorcery set in eastern Germany.  To be fair, while I wouldn't have sought it out it wasn't bad, although the cartoon version we saw in the 70s was a good effort too.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #9002 on: July 05, 2020, 09:58:50 am »
We do enjoy watching films we used to watch with our (now very adult) children. Happily, we now have a grandson who will soon want to watch that kind of thing, so we'll have an excuse.

« Reply #9003 on: July 05, 2020, 11:23:34 am »
Not films, but I loved watching Bagpuss and Ivor the Engine with my kids.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #9004 on: Yesterday at 02:11:47 pm »
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979).
Entertaining and undemanding enough for my tastes. Interesting to see what special effects they could do (big stationary stuff works) as opposed to things that look amusingly clunky now (anything moving). Much more slow-moving than a 21st Century equivalent would be, though I didn't mind that, and the Wikipedia article seems to suggest that it was criticised for that at the time.

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #9005 on: Yesterday at 02:28:14 pm »
Pure coincidence, but in the last few days we've watched the two Mesrine films, then last night Highwaymen on Netflux.  MrsT remarked that the police who more or less murdered Mesrine must have been inspired by the end of Bonnie & Clyde.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.